lcpja

mblog poll

There is an mblog poll on the official website:

Question: If artists could independently offer downloads of their music (songs or whole albums) on their websites directly to fans (not through a record company) via a payment method (such as PayPal) would you support it?

Please choose one of the following:

Yes I would

No I would not

I will download for free no matter

How did you answer? Have you ever downloaded of a website via a method payment? Comments?

Well i would definately support it. I have only done it once before from the metallica website. For $12 i downloaded the whole Calgary concert that i went to. That god that my mom allows me to use her credit card.

I certainly wouldn't want that to be the main mode of marketing... I still want to be able to purchase songs from the stores... It's a major inconvenience for ppl who lack the technology as well as the security to d/l from the internet all the time... I just think that it represses too many fans who either don't have access to the net... or have highspeed... or are willing to use it.

Personally, I'd support the idea... but i wouldn't download anything off the website for money. Yes, giving matthew good the money directly instead of the record company is a good thing, that he deserves. Just i've never boughten anything off the internet before, so i dont believe i'd start....

I'd be all for going through the artist rather than the label, but I don't believe in paying for mp3s. I'm not necesarily pro-piracy but I'm not going to shell out money to anyone for something as impermanent as an mp3. What happens if my harddrive gets slagged before I get a chance to rip the file? Then I've blown that money for nothing. Now if they were offering CDs, that would be completely different.

Yah, but is it fair to the ppl who can't d/l the songs because they don't have the technological necessities? Like.... My comp is so terrible... most links don't even work for me... and I certaintly can't manage Kazaa or anything like that.. heck it takes me 1/2 hour to d/l songs from the site (although that doesn't stop me).... I'd just be worried about accessibility and I wouldn't want to leave anyone else.. it doesn't seem fair to those non internet users.