lcpja

Chat page on official website

Just posted on the official website was information about a new chat page that will be available in the next 24 hours. There is also talk of being able to ask matt and other fan's questions.

So how long is this going to last before some idiot FUCKS it up?

This will be a great feature however, and i'm looking forward to using it.

you realize that 90% of the people who post here are the 'kids' that people bitch about and are usually what result in the official boards dying. It's the people who put Matt up on this god-like pedestal, whether they realize it or not, that make the boards unbearable.

you realize that 90% of the people who post here are the 'kids' that people bitch about and are usually what result in the official boards dying. It's the people who put Matt up on this god-like pedestal, whether they realize it or not, that make the boards unbearable.

Oh, I agree with ya to an extent. Some of the kids here are just younger and it's expected that they'll view Matt in a God-like way.

I guess my problem lies in the shit disturbers that come around. If kids want to talk about how much they love Matt or how great they think he is, fine. They're entitled to. It's expected with younger fans. I just don't think it's necessary to beat them down because of that. It's not unbearable. Just ignore the threads.

Let me just point out that I'm not directing this at you Pavan. Just being general.

Earlier this year his board closed down shortly after a sharp attack at his stubbornness set him off to (rumor here) actually post several times on the board and then claim that someone was pretending to be him. I think that the allegations are pretty unlikely knowing what I know. In any case, if he's only going to use his board to discuss how great he is and get his share of e-fellatio from it, then I hope it doesn't last.

I think that one thing we've all learned from the fall of numerous MG boards is that perhaps we should stop judging people based on their age, and moreso on their maturity?

I've been posting/participating in online MG communities since I was a young'n, and there have been just as many assholes in their 20's as in their teens.

And the only problem isn't "kids" putting Matt on a pedestal. There have been people wanting to prove themselves more intelligent than him, people who join for the sole purpose of posting their little two cents about why they hate Matt to the degree that they do, etc....

Hell, even Mr. Good has been retarded about message boards on occasion:

HISTORY OF A MATTHEW GOOD MESSAGE BOARD

"Ok...real life isn't organized, so let's mix up all the topics into one big forum, and use a crappy-looking skin!"

*Two Minutes Later*

"I am so fed up with this, my fans are assholes, take the board down"

*30 Seconds Later*

"Message Boards are the best! I'm going to forge ahead and just ignore anyone who doesn't take advantage of this board, and use it to its fullest potential....Taylor! Make this my official site!"

*30 Seconds Later*

-Matt contributing copious amounts of posts-

Matt: I'm am like SOOOO GAY!!!!!

Everyone: Hahahahahah!

Matt: I love you guys!

Everyone: Matt is sooo great!!!!

*Later that day......*

Black Sheep: *Random Opinion*

Matt: You are a moron.

Everyone: Ahahah, Matt's so funny.

Black Sheep: *Long, rambling post about Matt becoming an evil dictator*

Everyone: OMG...he's right!

Matt: I hate you all.

REPEAT CYCLE

Argh, mine either... maybe that's because I'm running a Pentium II with windows 95 and I can't even run MSN for christ's sake.... not to mention dial up internet.... god help us all... it's not even running at 40...send help.... (or nf$) but it takes me 30 mins to d/l song anyways.....

Hmm, i'm only on one offical board.. it is pretty cool, but maybe thats because the actual band has a small fanbase atm. They post every so-often. the singers brothers keeps the board in check, hes a pretty cool guy to chat too.. everyone gets allong, noone really assfucks the members of the band when they post either.

i didn't get to check out the offical matt good board , if people seem to enjoy fucking shit up on his site(which seems to be).. then i give the chat 2 weeks.

Edited by RetardedHotdog