I'm not sure if theres another topic on this yet.. if so sorry. Have you guys seen the Sarah mclaughlin Video that matthew good linked in his blog?

Holy crap! that was an incredible video i really liked it! It left me basically speechless. i've been whoring the link out ever since i saw it earlier.. even though most really could care less about it ;)

http://www.worldonfire.ca/

Edited by RetardedHotdog

It was just basically stock footage of shit they play on beg-a-thons for the christian children's fund while bragging about how they didn't spend the normal amount on a video.

It's not that great - and I'm sure it wasn't done for 15$, unless (which they probably did) get people's time and labour for free.

I know this is going to make me sound like a jackass...make no mistake, I'm glad that she's getting the message out - it's thoughtful, a good song, etc. Interesting way of conveying statistics through monetary units...it's just not the fucking greatest video ever made.

I don't believe that it cost 15$ to make.

Good song, and good concept, though.

Yeah, I suspect the bandwidth costs reach over $15 dollars too. Plus the software to make the video has to cost something--though this may have been already in someone's possession.

Amazing video (I won't say the best video ever, but I love the message and that it actually exists at all).

I was happy when I saw a blurb about it in the newspaper today. They said everything they used was donated and people worked for free. The only thing they need to pay money for was for the actual video film they recorded onto. The blurb said they paid $15,000 for it (not $15 like they say in the video) I hope that's a typo on the newspapers part, but if it isn't it's still not much compared to the $150,000 budgeted for the video.

I think what they are saying is that Sarah had 150,000 dollars that she could have used for her video... and instead of using that money for a big production... she took $15.00 for the film and used the rest of the money to donate over seas like it said in the video... beacuse she compaires what she could have used money for in the video to money that would help other people... Know what I mean???

I don't know if this horse really needs to be beaten anymore. Who cares what she spent on the video? Her main objective is clearly to capture the soft-weaknesses of people who obviously forget about the hardships and terrors of the third world and inspire them to get up and make a difference.

I think she did a good job with that.

i loved the video. and i'm not usually a fan of Sarah. but i dl'ed the song after hearing it thanks to the Blog link. i sent the link to my friend and made her watch it and she said it made her cry. very touching images.