Born to Kill

Pro-choice Or Pro-life?

Where's YOUR head at?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Where's YOUR head at?

• Pro-life
    • Pro-choice
    • Undecided/Don't care

What's your stance on abortion, etc.? Personally, I'm pro-choice. I don't believe that a bunch of cells (zygote, I believe) is a human being, bit neither do I believe that it's merely a bunch of cells; it has the potential for human life. However I think that a woman should have the option to have an abortion or use the morning-after pill as long as its not used as a form of contraception.

P.S.-I don't know if this is already a thread...if it is, sorry!

This of course is a very difficult subject because there are so many different sorts of cases that may alter your opinion.

But i must say that women need to take responsibilties of their actions. 99% of the time, they chose to have sex. Sometimes i think the "pro-choice" answer is the easy way out.

So i would say i'm pro-life, although there are always execptions to every rule...Just as those who are "pro-choice" would also have exceptions.

I agree. If some women use abortion or the morning-after pill because they didn't want to get pregnant even though they chose to have sex, it's their responsibility. But I think that for as long as women are the designated child-bearers, they should have the option of choosing abortion rather than be forced to carry the baby.

But of course, it does depend mostly on the circumstance, as you said.

Adoption is always an alternative

I think this as a better option...but of course there needs to be more funding for adoption agencies and so forth. New borns have always been more desired and i know there is a huge waiting list...so at least this wait will be shortened if more choose to carry full term and give the baby up for adoption.

100% Pro-Choice.

I think that woman should have the right to choose whether she wants to have a baby or not. Of course, I don't think that it should be used as a form of cotraceptive (as Amanda has already stated), but there will always be people who abuse their rights. Birth control isn't entirely reliable, many women who take all the necessary procautions still get preggers. It's a HUGE decision, giving up a baby - as well as keeping one. Adoption is an option, but is easier said than done, I personally don't think that I could give up a baby that I had birthed.

So yes, pro-choice all the way. Wooo.

There was another thread about this a while ago, so since I'm a lazy arse, I'll just quote what I said then:

While I don't like the concept of it, I believe that women should have the right to make their own choices about their body.

Not even condoms or the pill are 100% foolproof methods of birth control. And while I think that messing around is wrong, no child should have to be born to parents who don't want it.

The great thing about the right to choose is that it gives the mother the freedom to do what she thinks is best for her child, her family. Also, why should other people force their ideological beliefs on those who don't want them, especially us males, who have almost no idea what it's like to be pregnant.

Who said anything about killing a baby? 96% of abortions are carried out in the first 12 weeks when the fetus is simply incapable of feeling pain. No brain=no pain.

The fetus is a potential person. The mother is an actual person. Why does a potential person have rights over an actual person? Any number of things can happen between conception and birth to terminate the fetus. What's the justification?

But answer me this, why take away the mother's right to make her own choices about her own body?

Is fetus is human just like my spleen is human. It just isn't a person.

By denying an abortion to a woman, she no longer has the rights to control her own body and is, in essence, a slave to the pregnancy.

Adoption is not always a great way to go. There are upwards of 80 million orphans on adoption lists world wide. There's no shortage, unfortunatly. Why decrease the odds of a child - who already is a person - getting a chance at life as opposed to placing a potential person above them?

When 96% of abortions are carried out, they occur when the fetus hasn't even developed what pro-lifers would call a mind of its own, in the first 12 weeks. How can there be living person without a brain? It's not until week 24 that the fetus starts to develop the right 'tools' to feel pain. That's 6 months into the pregnancy, or 66%.

Many times, the pregnancy causes serious health risks to the mother and the fetus must be aborted to save at least one life.

Or better yet, just read the other thread and put what I'm saying into context of what I thought was a good debate thread. http://www.nearfantastica.com/bored/index.php?showtopic=1230