Maverick

The Best Trilogy

Which one, of these, is the best trilogy?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which one, of these, is the best trilogy?

• Star Wars (the altime classic)
    • Lord of the Rings (better known as "bored" of the rings... lol, I'm clever)
    • Alien Trilogy (lmao, Aliens 3 was terrible)
    • Indiana Jones (respectable)
    • Die Hard (K, I threw this in as a joke... don't vote for this...lol)

Am i the only one who thought the LOTR trilogy was terrible? The special effects were great granted, but the story was boring as hell.Absolutely no characterization. 9 people go on a journey, the end. It has that annoying whispery melodrama feel to it.i.e. Gladiator, and many other movies. Everything every character says is meant to be dramatic which makes the whole movie just seem unbelievable, cheap, and poorly directed and produced.

The thing that annoyed me most was the fact that the last movie of the three had about 15 endings. Someone forgot to edit the other ones out.

(person in whispery voice) I'm....I'm going, to the grocery store now!

long pause

[camera panning across blankly staring faces]

(other person in whispery voice) Okay, I'll... see you when you return! Good luck to you on your journey!

...and I just made it a tie.

I got the Extended Edition of RoTK for x-massss, and I've been watching the documentaries for like, two days.

As a result, I'm kinda in awe of the whole trilogy at the moment.

Star Wars is fucking King, Indiana Jones was great, but holy shit, Lord of The Fucking Rings.

I loved Lord of the Rings! I actually watched all 3 extended editions the other week, back to back to back. that should satisfy me for a while....anyways, they definitely aren't garbage. Star Wars was great, in fact a very close second. In fact, I'm a geek.

Speaking of which, why the hell wasn't Back to the Future on this poll?!

EDIT: And please, don't get into the Gandalf vs Darth Vader fight...it hurts too much.

Edited by CaptainRocket

Lord of the Rings is awesome. You really have to read the books first, though. If they had put all the details into the movies, you'd be sitting there for two days watching it. And that would only be the first one.

That wouldnt be so bad, actually..

Edited by savepenguins