somethingrandom

Cover Of Prince's 1999

According to the filename on mine, it's Bif Naked, Matt Good, and Econoline Crush, though I think there are others. It only kinda sounds like Matt, but the other guys sound totally different. So whoever doesn't not sound like Matt is Matt. Ugh...I can't think any straighter than that at the moment.

I was dreamin' when I wrote this

Forgive me if it goes astray

But when I woke up this mornin'

Coulda sworn it was judgement day

The sky was all purple

There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' to run from the destruction

You know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

I was dreamin' when I wrote this

So sue me if I go too fast

But life is just a party

And parties weren't meant to last

War is all around us

My mind says prepare to fight

So if I gotta die

I'm gonna listen to my body tonight

Yeah, they say two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

Yeah

Lemme tell ya somethin'

If you didn't come to party

Don't bother knockin' on my door

I got a lion in my pocket

And baby he's ready to roar

Yeah, everybody's got a bomb

We could all die any day

But before I'll let that happen

I'll dance my life away

They say two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

We're runnin' outta time

They say two thousand zero zero party over

Oops out of time

We're runnin' outta time

It's 1999

After that the lyrics I found differ from the song I have. In bold is the only part I can identify specifically as Matt (even though a few others sound similar, I'm not sure...), and italics are where more than one of them are singing together.

Edited by Sparq

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/1999/011399.html

WEST COAST ROCKERS RECORD "1999" FOR CHARITY

Todd Kerns (photo by Wayne A. Hoecher)

Trevor Hurst (photo by A. Saint James)

Matthew Good (photo by Graham Kennedy)

Bif Naked (photo by Graham Kennedy)

As DAMN previously reported, some members of Vancouver's vibrant rock scene had gathered together before Christmas to record a version of Prince's classic "1999". The timely song was then performed at midnight during the New Year's Eve Foxfest concert that featured most of the artists involved. Now, the studio version is available on a 13-track CD released by 99.3 The Fox, and proceeds are being donated to the British Columbia Children's Hospital Fund. "1999: The Fox Rocks Remix" features vocals by Todd Kerns, Trevor Hurst, Matthew Good, Bif Naked, 54-40's Neil Osborne, Craig Northey of the Odds and Yvette (formerly of Mollie's Revenge).

The music was recorded by Northey, Ashwin Sood and Brian Minato of Sarah McLachlan's band, and Keith Scott, a long-time collaborator with Bryan Adams. Adams also contributed the facilities at his new studio The Warehouse. You can purchase copies of the entire album (which also features acoustic performances by Matthew Good, The Watchmen, Junkhouse, Fastball, 54-40, Bif Naked and Art Bergmann, among others) for only $9.93 plus taxes. 1999 — Year Of The Fox is being sold by A&B Sound, and there are only a few hundred left. When all is said and done, a spokesperson from 99.3 The Fox estimates about $20,000 will be raised for the B.C. Children's Hospital, so do your part today! If A&B sells out in the near future, don't despair; DAMN has taken care of you! We have four copies of the 1999 — Year Of The Fox CD to give away...watch for a contest starting next week!