Ghetto rock for Princess

Matt Good Fahrenheit 9/11

I think people would now who Matt is.. but i mean I not talking about if he is popular or anything... Matt has some really good points and one of the smartest people in the music indusrty right now... they fuckin put Britney Spears in... who doesn't have a clue what the hell is going on in the would.... or that she even cares for that matter... you know what I mean....

Thanks... well I guess you could be right but I find it kind of hard to believe for Micheal Moore not to know who Matt is... I mean it's not like Matt is that unknown...

Matt's not known well at all in the USA. Most Americans have no idea who he is. I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Moore doesn't know who he is either.

Edited by Tim

Yeah, if anyone knew who he was...

(One $NF for me!  Cha ching!)

yeah exactly. Americans would be like "who the *bleep* is this guy?"

Nobody really cares what Matt Good says except for Matt Good fans, and 95% of them live in Canada.

If Moore was to include a Canadians' opinion on Bush and the war, he'd be wise to interview someone more famous in the eyes of Americans.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

I totally know what you mean, but Britney Spears' breasts will sell tickets.  Matt Good's breasts... well.  Let's not go there

(chalk up another $NF for me!)

You'd be surprised how much money Matt's breasts would bring in.

I mean, we could make a fortune off them in Canada to underage horny girls as well as the rest.

But then we'd turn him into something called a gigolo and we'd be his pimps? What do you say Mr. Bernard?

....Haha I stacked it and cleared it baby.

Edited by guitarchick

I think that ASR would have kicked ass in F 9/11 in fact the lines went through my head while I watched the movie. However, Matt does release through universal, which is an american company with a Canadian subsidiary. This would imply that: even if Michael Moore had wanted to use ASR in F 9/11, universal may have refused to give him the rights. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that Matt has the power (even as the artist) to override universals decisions. universal essentially owns the music.

Peace

Matt is completely unknown to middle america (which is who the film was targeted at). He may have some US fans, but these are people who actively seek out new music to listen to.

Also Britney Spears was in the film not as a respected political analyst, but obviously as a highlight to show how little she knew.

Work in corporate America for awhile and be amazed by how little foreign (though not overseas, yet Canada is still foreign) subsidiaries have in terms of global impact through American indegenous enterprises. You'll see who really cares that Universal ever had a Canadian subsidiary. Not saying that I agree with the notion, but I'd have to admit that it's the truth. Especially in my industry.

Im Pretty sure that the CD was released after the movie came out, or at least right near the same time, so it would've been too late anyway. And Matthew Good is about as known in the US as the word "education" is in Alabama, so dont expect him to be in any political documentaries made in USA.

I think that the song could have been used with out the americans even needing to know who the artist was.

Peace

Well that is what I am saying... I really don't think it would realy matter if people thought Matt was famous or not.. I think he would have had a lot of important good facts that would have been nice to see in the film... And as far as Michael Moore goes.. I think he would know who Matt is.. If anything I would think that Matt would get to know get to know him..

I think that the song could have been used with out the americans even needing to know who the artist was.

Peace

Well that is what I am saying... I really don't think it would realy matter if people thought Matt was famous or not.. I think he would have had a lot of important good facts that would have been nice to see in the film... And as far as Michael Moore goes.. I think he would know who Matt is.. If anything I would think that Matt would get to know get to know him..

What kind of documentary is going to interview someone who has no tangible qualifications or no celebrity for their political opinion?

If you want someone's opinion who isn't famous, you go to a bonafide expert or you walk around the street interviewing average joes (if that's the purpose).

Screw it, MG should make his own documentary... going around (with his music in the backround) making fools out of bush, buch supporters, etc. That's would be interesting... of course, everyone wouuld be like, "wtf, who the hell is this..." Although wasn't Michael Moore a nobody b4 Bowling for Columbine?