GravityDave

Where Did You Obsession With Matt Good Start?

There must be a story behind how everyone got into matt. lets hear ;)

mine was...watching smallville...i heard an amazing song in one of the scenes, after looking into it i found out it was weapon. after a bit of googling. i found matt..and since then i've been obsessed lol.

My obssesion started with Beautiful midnight. I can remember walking to scholl and listneing to the cd over and over again. Then I saw the concert in calgary and the fact that he was pull people out of the crowed to get their pictire taken ontop of a fake bull was great.

on a side note GravityDave I to am glad that I tried this OLP and promised never to try it again

Hello Time Bomb played as a single on the radio in my hometown of Oregon. Several months later MGB played in a small venue in New Jersey near where I went to school at the time. My roommate and I couldn't get 'Let's Get It On' out of our head for days.. and the obsession still lingers.

in January 2001, I was on the HS paper, and I was doing music reviews, and I saw that 'The Matthew Good Band' had an album coming out (I had never heard of them--which is why I picked to review them) and I went home and *ducks* downloaded Beautiful Midnight. Running for Home was the first song I listened to--I've been hooked ever since.

Interesting Post-script to the story--the paper wouldn't print my review because i refused to edit my first line:

"'K-I-C-K-A-S-S-That's-the way-we-spell-sucess' How can an record that starts like that go wrong? Answer: it can't."

Haha. those corporate whores.

I bougt Audio of Being in grade 8, mainly for 'Carmelina' and 'Antipop', but there were a few other songs I liked. I found it too weird and hard to understand for the most part so I shelved it for about 8 months before I listened to it again and I was blown away. Thus began my obsession.I got 'Beautiful Midnight' and 'Underdogs' for Christmas and I bought the rest of the albums and never looked back.

Technically, it started when I saw the video for "Weapon" on MuchMusic. I thought it was pretty freaking cool, but as I didn't have the chance to see the beginning or the ending, I didn't know what it was or who played it.

The months went by and one day my friend brought her American copy of Beautiful Midnight to school and let me borrow it, saying I would probably like Matthew Good Band. That was an understatement; I loved them. I played the CD over and over until finally I returned it to her and bought my own (Canadian) version. The obsession subsided quickly, and the CD just went into my pile of "good, but only an obsession" CDs.

Then, one fateful day, I saw "Weapon" on MuchMusic again, this time I saw who did it and what song it was. Amazed by it (in particular when the guitars pick up) I immediately rushed off and downloaded all the Matthew Good Band stuff I could. A day after that, I ordered Underdogs, Audio of Being and Avalanche off of amazon.ca.

That's where my obsession started.

Saw the video for Hello Time Bomb one day on Much Music...started checking kazaa and such and found a few other songs, including Indestructible - which I already loved, but never knew who it was by. went out and picked up the only MGB CD I could find - Underdogs. To this day I have never paid for an album by anyone else.

I was actually at the local library when I happened to pick up a MG cd-audio of being. I rented it and loved it pretty much instantly, but once I took it back I guess I kind of forgot about it. It wasn't until I heard Indestructible on the radio when I realized that I NEEDED that song, so I went out and bought Underdogs that same day.

And the rest is history.

I guess it sort of started for me with "Apparations" when the video first came out. I thought it was a cool song, and then shortly after i took notice of "Everything Is Automatic" and "Indestructible" on the radio. That made me go out and buy the "Underdogs" CD, which i thought was really good.

Not long after that i noticed a friend in my class (i was in high school at the time, about grade 11) had LOTGA, and she let me borrow it off her. That album blew me away, and i've bought every Matt album ever since.

The first matt good song I ever heard was "everything is automatic" and I liked him but never bought any CD's. Luckly my dad really liked him and got me underdogs in 2000, and after listening to it, ive loved hm ever since

I'm not really as big a fan as I used to be. Back in the day when I first saw "Load Me Up" on "MuchMusic", I really liked the song. I ended up buying "Beautiful Midnight". I listened to "Load Me Up" but not much else in the beginning, then not too long before "Strange Days" was released as a single, I listened to the album again, and this time I liked "Load Me Up", and "Strange Days" only. Slowly I got more into the album, and by the time "The Audio Of Being" was released I was a pretty big fan. But nowadays I'm not really a big a fan as I was back then.

Hello Time Bomb played as a single on the radio in my hometown of Oregon. Several months later MGB played in a small venue in New Jersey near where I went to school at the time. My roommate and I couldn't get 'Let's Get It On' out of our head for days.. and the obsession still lingers.

I was VivaEllen's roommate four years ago, during the BM US tour. Most recently, we drove to Montreal for the WLRRR tour.

God bless Oregonians and their radio stations that play Canadian music.

Well, I remember late in '97 when I was in grade 7, I was just starting to like music, so naturally I would watch the MuchMusic countdown to get abreast of what was out there. Bychance, one of the first songs I remember hearing was the Everything is Automatic video. I didn't really have much of a taste for music then, but I knew I liked that song much much better than most of the other stuff on the chart (ie: Mase and Puff Daddy). Then I heard Indestructible and Apparitions, and loved them. But I wasn't obsessed. I also heard some of their BM stuff, but again, I wasn't obsessed.

All that changed when my friends said they were going to a Matt Good concert. I told them I'd come. I'd heard Weapon and IAWCC on the radio, but I wasn't obsessed with him, I didn't even consider myself a "fan." But after the concert, I was stunned, and I went out and bought Avalanche. That's basically when I became obsessed.