GravityDave

Bowling For Columbine...

I figure, if you took every thing that Michael Moore says, and every thing that main stream media says, and averaged them out. You would probably end up somewhere around the truth.

Yes I understand that Moore does manipulate information. But here's a though, if you watched his movie, and then though "That must be wrong" then maybe you would go and find out the truth. In the end Mr Moore did inspire you to find out the truth.

The only thing I found disappointing about Bowling For Columbine, was that Mr Moore chose to explore the fact that the american love affair with guns was the cause. He didn't give as much mention as I had hoped to the exploration of the fact that the system created these kids. It is one of my opinions that these guys where a result of the normalization of the system, the fact that when they where bullied and picked on, most likely they where told they where the cause. Though out my high school life I was told that the reason I was picked on was not that BLANK is an asshole, but rather I incited it. It's just something I wish he would have paid more attention to.

Peace

I think Michael Moore presents more of an argument than a documentary. I have quite a bit of respect for Morgan Spurlock ("Supersize Me") though. He showed more what happened to him, he interviewed some people. And then made some suggestions towards the end. He also had doctors monitoring his progress, to help show some more effects.

No one rationaly attacks his claims. They're all saying things like "Moore hates America!" "He's stupid! Hohoho!"

So, I guess that if that's the only way that he's being countered, then one way to look at it is maybe he's telling the whole, unbiased truth? I'm not that naive to really think that, though.

A point-of-view is fine. But Michael Moore presents more of a one sided arguement. Similar to as I said in my previous post.

thats why his films are more editorials than "factual" documentaries.

But Moore's often controversial opinions are what make his films fun to watch. I watch documentaires on The History Channel all the time and i find them interesting, and i can trust most of them to be fairly factual, but they are bland compared to Moore's and would put the average person to sleep.

the spin is the hook, i guess.

A point-of-view is fine. But Michael Moore presents more of a one sided arguement. Similar to as I said in my previous post.

thats why his films are more editorials than "factual" documentaries.

But Moore's often controversial opinions are what make his films fun to watch. I watch documentaires on The History Channel all the time and i find them interesting, and i can trust most of them to be fairly factual, but they are bland compared to Moore's and would put the average person to sleep.

the spin is the hook, i guess.

...I have quite a bit of respect for Morgan Spurlock ("Supersize Me") though. He showed more what happened to him, he interviewed some people. And then made some suggestions towards the end. He also had doctors monitoring his progress, to help show some more effects.

That's an un-bland documentary ;)