guitarchick

Ottawa Concert

Have to say the show was awesome im really glad i went. Not sure if this is the exact set list but its pretty close.

1)Apparitions(acoustic)

2) Blue skies over badlands

3) Avalanche

4)Weapon

5)

6)Alert Status Red

7)Buffalo Seven

8) The Rat who Would be King

9) Hello Time Bomb

10)Carmelina

11) It been awhile since i was your man

Encore

Pledge of allegiance

empty road

Cant get shot in the back if you dont run

Cant remember 5 im pretty sure thats the order correct me if im wrong

Auqakuh can probably fill that in for you, she was keeping track. Didn't see Kat or anyone else, but I'm sure someone else knows.

Great concert...Blue Skies was absolutely incredible, and ASR was pretty awesome. The rest...all great of course. Limblifter and Auf Der Maur were pretty good for the most part.

I couldn't find you kat!! ;) I made it a mini-mission, but failed.

Kat, did you get any hairy Rich photos? ROWR!!!

that's what i got...:

apparitions

blue skies over bad lands (edited since I always seem to put BAD over BLUE... there's a dyslexic in me somewheres)

avalanche

workers sing a song of mass production (YES!)

alert status red

buffalo seven

the rat who would be king

hello time bomb

carmelina

it's been a while since i was your man

pledge of allegiance

empty road

can't get shot in the back if you don't run

Edited by Auqakuh

Yeah that concert kicked butt, I got some pics but they're on a real camera so you'll have to wait to see them, but I was 3 rows back, centre so they should be pretty sweet. Matt is mah hero.. teehee *girlish giggle*

PS I almost cried when he played "the workers sing a song of mass production"

Edited by caedmon

Yeah that concert kicked butt, I got some pics but they're on a real camera so you'll have to wait to see them, but I was 3 rows back, centre so they should be pretty sweet. Matt is mah hero.. teehee *girlish giggle*

PS I almost cried when he played "the workers sing a song of mass production"

I was elated to hear workers!!! heheh. and i freaked out when he started playing avalanche. That was my first full-body goosebumps. but I wasn't near-tears nearly as much as the last few times I have seen him. I chalk it up to my current state in life of emotional-burnout.

For some reason i either didn't remember Avalanche was going to be on the setlist, or it wasn't actually there. But i freaked out at every song, except for maybe time bomb and apparitions, heh. Not knocking apparitions or time bomb by a longshot, but i'd trade them for almost any two others in a second.

We also had a couple of mildly drunken jokers in front of us that i could have done without, but when matt's 'going' i can block most everything else out.

Also, I MAY have seen you (or someone who looked a lot like you, if that's you in your avatar) when I was on my way out back at one point (assuming you left the 'fray' at some point and were back near the rear bar at some point - i think it was just before matt was on). I just wasn't sure enough (and didn't have the balls!) to say anything. I think you had a beer. And you were dangerously close to the 'back' exit to the women's washroom, hahaha.

I don't think Sparqy cried ;) *ducks*

Ha, thats me in my avatar, cept I drew a fake mustache and goatee. Yeah, those drunken idiots, I was like right beside them, and the one guy kept askin for a lighter. But I was too immersed in my love of Good *sigh*. I agree, Matt just put apparitions and hello time bomb in there to appeal to the non-fanatics, you know the ones, they keep askin for singles... and singing along with their horrible voices. But for Matts set I was right in front of that beamy thing, next to the drunken guys and the older couple that kept singing poorly. I mouthed the words to almost every song, but there's no point in trying to sing along since matt makes the songs unique every time.

Note: To all you losers out there who just like the singles, I wanna hear Matts awesome, sexy voice (btw I'm straight, just man enough to admit Matt's sexy, sexy voice) rather than your attempts.

It was an amazing concert. I was up on the top left, and I got a seat (that's what you get for being an hour early). Thank God he played "Buffalo Seven", I love that song. I also really loved the ending of "Hello Time Bomb", where he went all soft and acoustic. That was a nice surprise.

One of the coolest things about the concert (I'm not sure if this was mentioned) was when everyone was calling him back out for an encore by singing "K - I - C - K - A - S - S *clap clap clap clap clapclap* That's the way we spell success. *clap clap clap clap clapclap*" It was cool, because almost everyone was doing it. Same with the sing-along bits in "Avalanche" and "Hello Time Bomb".

Anyone else find the lights in "Blue Skies Over Badlands", "Hello Time Bomb" and "Carmelina" to be unwatchable? Sadly, I had to look away for the majority of the songs.

Edited by afterglow

i didn't go to the concert. never been to an MG/MGB concert ( i know, i'm dumb). Just wanna get a mental picture of what it was like there...there? How many people? was it a full house? what was the hall like (how big, how small? sorry i'm used to going to big concerts like U2 and Metallica).

what was the auditorium like? is it sorta like an opera theatre, with bottom seating and then a bunch of higher rows of balcony seating? u guys say that you tried to spot each other in the crowd, so i guess the concert couldn't have been too big.

Wow it would be amazing to be pretty close up and hear MG live. So different from other bigger concerts where you are so far away from the band.

Fuck it, lol, in the Convention Centre in Hamilton (the Nov.5th show is there)... it's standing fucking room only.... and there were not that many ppl.... I mean there were like 10-20 rows of ppl from the stage lol... then there was so much space inbetween ppl that you could sit down and play D&D..... lol, and, because you're tall, your back hurts the shit outta yah for standing there for way too fucking long.. was well worth it though.

Thanks for the welcome!

Though I must say at first I did find the entire NF thing rather confusing (being from Newfounland). Of course it is NL now, but I grew up with the ol' NF.

I'm totally psyched about seeing him again, it had been 5 years since I last saw him (excluding last night of course).

Anyhow, nap time!