madeforburning

Does Anyone Cover Mg With Their Band?

If I had a band, I DEFINITELY would... ;)

I'm hopefully getting a bass for Christmas and I'm gonna start playing again, and then maybe I could get a band, and then make them cover Matt.

Sooo far from now, though... :angry:

we're cover i, the throw away, and sort of a protest song.

we also play apparitions during practice sometimes.

the guitarist and i are huge matt good fans, so basically anytime he plays a matt good song at practice i sing to it.

Edited by panic button

there is something incredibly wrong with this board that it jumbles up my post so i look like a complete idiot who can't string along a few sentences.

then it makes me feel worse by not allowing me to edit my posts.

Edited by panic button

i am hoping to cover While We Were Hunting Rabbits within the next year or so, minus the orchestral bit at the end obviously. also, The Inescapable Us was the first song i ever learned on guitar. and, the name of my band (same as my username) is somewhat inspired by the line "the lights are out and i'm a mouse" from Bright End of Nowhere. it was certainly in my head when i came up with it.

we also cover Current 93 and Manic Street Preachers, two bands i'd highly, highly recommend to anyone into Matt Good.

<3mope.

I was in a band but I was pretty much their bitch until I got this tumor on my ovary and I couldn't play all the time.

They'd call me up and yell at me to get out of bed and come to practice. I'd always ask to play MG but they informed me that his music was to hard and we should play the WHITE STRIPES. I hate every song we ever played because they were songs that,lack of a better word, sucked.

The bands broken up because I got sick again and our drummer moved away.

I'm glad it's over, I shouldn't be allowed on stage.

Did you know that you're not allowed to say masterbation on a school stage?

I was going to make a tribute band to MG with this guy I met but it turned out that he thought I liked him and ran away like a little girl. OH well.

Edited by guitarchick

My band has done tons of MGB songs at our practices:

Alabama Motel Room

Symbolistic White Walls

Native Son

Haven't Slept In Years

Everything Is Automatic

Apparitions

Rico

Load Me Up

The Future Is X-Rated

Carmelina

Put Out Your Lights

but the only one we've done live so far is HSIY (acoustic).

-julz

The band im in covers Everything is automatic, hello time bomb, and alert status red. We are basically a cover band though so we do tonnes more covers, lol. We do have about 6 originals though. all together a good 30+ songs

were doing a show on holoween too. if you live in oshawa, come to Le skratch!

Wow, ASR seems to be a popular cover song!

My friends and I have covered Middle Class Gangsters, Time Bomb, Weapon (always lots of fun), Empty Road, Hopeless, Put Out Your Lights, Poor Man's Grey, and Apparitions. It mostly sounds crappy, but we have fun.

My friends and I have covered Middle Class Gangsters, Time Bomb, Weapon (always lots of fun), Empty Road, Hopeless, Put Out Your Lights, Poor Man's Grey, and Apparitions. It mostly sounds crappy, but we have fun.

We only have one guitar in the band (myself) so songs like ASR and Time Bomb are WAY easier to cover. Then say a song like Weapon.

My friends and I have covered Middle Class Gangsters, Time Bomb, Weapon (always lots of fun), Empty Road, Hopeless, Put Out Your Lights, Poor Man's Grey, and Apparitions.  It mostly sounds crappy, but we have fun.

We only have one guitar in the band (myself) so songs like ASR and Time Bomb are WAY easier to cover. Then say a song like Weapon.

Well don't get the idea that we've got some elaborate set-up..! there's just 3 of us, for Weapon one of us plays keyboard with a symphony setting, one plays guitar 1 and one plays guitar 2. We usually don't have a drummer for most stuff.

I sing MG songs in my shower. Does that count? ;)

Some regulars seem to include:

Symbolistic White Walls, Apparitions, Change of Season, Generation X-Wing, Hello Time Bomb, Load Me Up, Avavlanche, Failing the Rorschach Test, Carmelina,

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands, Near Fantastica

Haha, I'm pathetic....