In my personal opinion MG is my absolute favorite but in terms of the "best band ever" as in which band played an integral part in the evolution of music I would agree that the Beatles are up there. I prefer Zeppelin and Pink Floyd , who were also extremely great bands. (but I still love Matt the most!)

Edited by loveisnotenough

Metallica.

During their peak in the late 80's/early 90's i think they were the best band to ever grace the face of the earth. And nobody could even come close to touching them during their live shows. Best live band ever. Their songs are 3x better when they play them live. Like letting a lion out of its cage.

The Beatles were great songwriters. But as musicians, Metallica blows them away. Kirk Hammett is one of the best guitarists ever. Cliff Burton is the best bassists i've ever seen or heard play. Lars is an pretty good drummer but not the best, but blows Ringo away. Ringo is a piece of crap as a drummer (though i love his singing).

The Beatles are great, i like them. But they just aren't top for me. I'd likely even put U2 above the Beatles, and The Rolling Stones are right there as well.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Though I love MG and U2, I also have to agree that the Beatles are the best band ever. Their music is consistently amazing, and I've been able to listen to the same songs by them over and over again for over 12 years; something no other musician/band can boast.

You Can't Choose a "Best Band Ever" because u dont have the same tastes of music others do. I personally dont like the beatles or any of there songs. Too Outdated for me, doesnt sound real. but thats just my opinion. maybe try going for ur best band of w/e genre, still prob wont work but, im tired, and its worth a try.

Sorry i dont like it when people say stuff like this guy with his opening statement, something to the effect of this is the best band ever. im too lazy to get the quote.

i agree... i can say that the best band ever in my opinion, is mgb... best musician i'd say is mg.

*shrug*

it's a matter of taste really. some people just like bands b/c of the beats they put out... some ppl analyze all of the musician's and their talents and judge them accordingly... and some people go for only lyrics...

i don't think that matt good would be the best musician as far as talent goes... although he's pretty damn good... but, there are better guitarists... just no one with his exact style.. heh. and he surpasses everyone in the category of lyrics (imo ;))

So basically you started this thread to inform us that The Beatles are undeniably the best band of all time, and that your own opinion is universally correct? Brilliant. Next time you can pass on trying to camoflage it with a question and get straight to the point.

Best musician ever: John Coltrane. He could play 1000 notes a minute just off the top of his head. If that's not brilliance, then I don't know what is.

Best band ever: I dunno. I certainly wouldn't say The Beatles, though. Maybe The Who. Their lyrics and skill on their instruments definitly surpassed The Beatles. If being popular counts for almost everything, then yes, I'd agree with you. The Beatles are the best band ever....period.

As for Metallica being "bullocks", if it weren't for the 80's and occasional flashes of..umm..ok-ness, then I'd agree with you. No Leaf Clover was their last really awesome song.

Edited by no yu begin wher i end