lcpja

So How Was The Winnipeg Show?

Setlist-in no particular order (as I don't remember)

-Apparitions

-Avalanche

-Buffalo Seven

-Poor Man's Grey

-Put Out Your Lights

-Alert Status Red

-Hello Time Bomb

-Load Me Up

-Pledge of Allegiance

-Weapon

-The Workers Sing A Song of Mass Production

-The Rat Who Would be King

-In Love With a Bad Idea

-Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

-It's Been a While since I was Your Man

-Empty Road

Have I missed any?

Memorable moments:

-Fruit Loops

-Matt talking about "The Junkyard"

-Winnipeg being a big terrorist target

It was a great show. Matt's voice was perfect. Actually, it's probably the best matt Good show I've been to. The acoustics were perfect as well. Oh man. Too much to tell. Ha ha. I have to catch a plane in a few hours, I'll have more details later. Rich looked very depressed, though. I thought I'd point that out. He wasn't into it at all. Anyway, gotta run.

Edit: By the way, Limblifter and Auf Der Maur were really good. I'm not getting what's so terrible about Auf Der Maur. Anyway, really have to go now.

Edited by Tim

Rich looked very depressed, though. I thought I'd point that out. He wasn't into it at all.

Actually now that you mention that...you are right.

At the Calgary concert during half the songs he just sat on the speakers. The last show before at Cowboys, rich was definitely into it...it was pointing and smiling to the crowd and so forth. After that show, he came out and talked to me and a bunch of other fans for 30 minutes...but this time around it was just Matt and i think Rich and Pat that i know of, stayed in the trailer.

the winnipeg show was simply brilliant i got one of his guitar picks and one of pats drumsticks i was so close right against the stage pretty close to centre. i don't know where to start with details though it was sooo so so good.

a lot of the songs were surprises in a good way it was so enjoyable

excellante

Was anyone else practically blinded by the strobe lights during...one of the songs? I don't remember which. I just remember that whole blindness deal. ;)

Anyway, great show. I brought my wife back a hoodie. They had some fantastic merchandise, I must say. Oh, I also wanted to add that the crowd was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen such a well-mannered bunch at a show. Overall, very impressed.

ya big improvement from the last winnipeg show for crowd behavior yeeks except for that one guy that kept yelling rip it up matt you rock rip it up i love you during blue skies that was annoying. It was also really lucky for me there wasn;t crazness at the front again or i would have been one of the ones who got crushed against the stage. my legs were under it the whole time and my uper body on it.

the merch was purdy good i got the pink shirt i luv it its so so nice

i think matt seemed to enjoy himself and the crowd also i kinda got that vibe he was very friendly

lol, I hope that the crowds are rowdy on Nov.5th and ppl throw shit at him.. because then he rips them apart with a combination of wit and a hell of a lot of swear words (eg. the d/l from the nf store)... there's nothing more exciting than controversy and music... especially with MG.

lol, I hope that the crowds are rowdy on Nov.5th and ppl throw shit at him.. because then he rips them apart with a combination of wit and a hell of a lot of swear words (eg. the d/l from the nf store)... there's nothing more exciting than controversy and music... especially with MG.

I hope that doesn't happen. The last thing the poor guy should have to deal with is more juvenile behavior at his shows. It must be incredibly irritating.

Edited by Tim

It's people like you who make concerts very unenjoyable. ;) Where is he playing on Nov. 5th?

The fact that everyone behaved themselves at the Winnipeg show was what made it so amazing. As someone who was almost crushed to death at the front of the Ex show in June, I appreciated the audience's maturity at this concert. If Matt Good doesn't have to worry about crowd control, I'd imagine it is more enjoyable for him, allowing him to concentrate on putting on a great show. Bottom line: If an artist is having fun, the crowd has fun.

Anyways, the Winnipeg concert was absolutely incredible! His finest in Winnipeg, in my opinion. Regardless of what anyone else says about the lighting being too blinding, I loved it! Very surreal... And, of course, The Burton (it will always be The Walker to me) is such a great venue. The accoustics are amazing! To hell with the new arena, the Burton is the best concert venue Winnipeg has.