NationofCool

A Thread For Matthew Good

Bahaha, that was so him.

Agreed.

Will Matt do autograph-signings? I remember seeing a few MGB-era pictures of the band sitting down and signing autographs...were those promotional things? I guess you have to hunt him down after shows now...

Bahaha, that was so him.

Agreed.

Will Matt do autograph-signings? I remember seeing a few MGB-era pictures of the band sitting down and signing autographs...were those promotional things? I guess you have to hunt him down after shows now...

no no, get it right

it's

OH MY GAWD, IT WAS MATT GOOD.

Agreed.

But if he does really show up, I finally have a question for him.

Next time you're in Toronto, can I take you out for a drink, or if you don't drink, then go to a jazz bar and smoke cigars, or if not that, have a friendly game of rock-paper-scissors? Any and all of those would be awesome.

I have a question: Is White Light Rock&Roll Review a pretty definitive example of the form your music will take over the next while? Or will you try something else new in the way of style, like how all the other albums have a different sound?

I like that. That's a good question.

You people gamble very ambitiously... I mean do you have any way of knowing.

I had a chat with Anton, and he has some opinions, but his are based of some solid facts that he has access to since he is the administrator.

I have to say that even though I may not be personally be convinced, there is no evidence to suggest that Jack is not who he claims to be.

I think what we need to take from the post is: that why would our proposed question for Matt all be demands? It is a good question that deserves some consideration.

Matt has posted in his blog that he is often embarrassed at the quality of fans he attracts, and we must constantly ask ourselves have we become those fans? For the most part the core community of this board is reasonably articulate and responsible. The core community has for the most part had intelligent debates regarding world issues, and politics.

Now despite how I have tried to remain nonjudgmental I will say that is would be disappointing if the entire community was judged on only this singular thread, on the actions of a few. One must also admit that some of the posts this thread are particularly demanding are also done in jest.

Now that is all I have to comment.

Peace

Get over yourself.

Sure, the thread got a bit silly - that happens on all message boards, regardless of the "quality" of his fans.

You stated that we must constantly ask ourselves "Have we become those fans"? That's one question (a slightly insulting one, I might add) that I won't lose any sleep over.

Regarding his history with message boards, I can see why Matt is slightly sensitive to the content of some - in the past there have been many incidents where posters trying to prove something have gotten out of hand with the insults. However, I think that this thread is a poor example of this, as no one was intending any disrespect. I believe that none of the comments were actually demanding things of Matt, and that everyone assumed he wouldn't be reading this. Long story short, the thread got off-topic. Not a big deal.

I do agree with you on one thing. It would be a shame for Matt to judge this board solely on this thread - I think that's it's a great community.

Shush dear.

I often find many forums draw fans of my music that I would rather not be fans in the first place.

Jack, if you are in fact Matthew Good, I'm disappointed in you. Rosie's right, how can you judge a community based on reading a few posts? We've worked hard to build this place up to where it is now and I take it personally that you judge us so easily.

I am often attacked on a very personal level by some jackass who wants to tell his friends that he "got the best of Matt Good."

Nowhere on this forum has anyone attacked you or tried to get "the best of you".

What I am saying here today is that I am indeed a regular person, who tries to accomplish extrordinary things through music, charities, and public events. This does not make me worth the god-like elevation I recieve on this message board, and all though I am flattered, please direct your enthusiasms and attention to more worth while causes.

We know you're just a normal person. No one here thinks you're a god though at times there's a bit of hero-worship. Nothing's wrong with that so deal with it. We're here to talk not to "worship you". Quit being so full of yourself. We respect what you say on your site so why not do the same for us and respect what we say on ours? If you don't like what we have here then you don't have to read it.

Guys, I think it was Matt Good. I'd bet my bottom dollar it was. He uses the same name on Chad's message board. How crazy is that! ;)

Maybe we ought to ask him some questions, and not make rap songs based on his music... I wonder who would do such a thing.

Question: What is it about your lyrics, and how you put them together that makes you appreciate them? I'm sure you've written songs and completely reworded verses/choruses, but do you have a criteria in terms of what makes the final cut? i.e. It expresses yourself best in a given time, or it just sounds good and can be interpreted in many ways. I've always wondered if your songs try to show some subtle meanings through metaphors and whatnot, or if you just try to paint a picture of various images (that just happen to flow well in terms of writing). Thanks.

If Jack is Matthew Good, I have some questions for him.

How did you become interested in the social conflicts in our society? Why are you so passionate about human rights? What has given you this insight that makes you so obviously empathetic towards others in this world?

I respect and appreciate your stance on these issues and know that it takes real character to try and make a difference in our society.

lmao, I wish I had gotten to this thread earlier.

Alright, for those of you who actually think that "Jack" was Matt Good.

Let's not forget that MG wouldn't spend precious minutes of his time during his tour to wander the interent rather than hmmm, let's see.... update his own site.... how 'bout take some off time of rest and relaxation..... etc.

Also... would MG make constant grammar/spelling mistakes that are so obvious that they couldn't possibly be typos but are rather blatant and flat out stupid.... take fore example.... "existance".

Thirdly, would MG sit there and type about his morning routine and how he woke up and pissed, etc.

Honestly can you ppl please not embarass all MG fans by being either:

a) gullable

b ) intensely stupid/naive/ignorant to think that MG would post like such.

Edited by Maverick

Not really.... bu yes... (wait does that make sense)....

I just can't believe that ppl could think that this guy was MG.... have they lost all credibility for the guy? They shouldn't be considered MG fans anymore... it's disgusting (I apologize to everyone to whom this is refering to ....)