lcpja

Wlrrr Is Golden

People have been curious to know how well Matt's new record is being received.

IT JUST WENT GOLD!!!!

Taken from official website:

Matthew and Jennifer Good, Rich Priske, Christian Thor Valdsen, Pat Steward, Joel Livesey (on behalf of his father), members of Bernie Breen Management and Universal Music, accept the 6th gold record of Matthew's career backstage at a recent show in Toronto.

There is also a picture of Matt, Jen, Rich, Christian, Pat, Joel Livesely on the website as well...CHECK IT OUT

Congrats Matthew!!!

Question for you:

1) Did AOB reach gold - I'm guessing 'yes' if Matt's done it 6 times now?

2) If so, why was it deemed a commercial failure by Universal - or was it?

2) How many albums do you need to sell to obtain Gold in Canada?

Not trying to start something here, just trying to put things in perspective. Well done Matt et al.

Cheers,

Burn..

Yah... how the fuck can Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne go platinum for all their albums.... and MG has never gone Platinum once...... wtf is going on with todays commercialized, mainstream, no-talent, b.s. music?

Argh, this angers me.. no more can be said without possibility of heart attack at 18.

Question for you:

1) Did AOB reach gold - I'm guessing 'yes' if Matt's done it 6 times now?

2) If so, why was it deemed a commercial failure by Universal - or was it?

I think AOB was considered a commercial failure because his last 2 records were such hits. I'm not suprised there was a substancial drop-off in sales with AOB. Underdogs had Apparitions, Everything is Automatic etc., and BM had Load Me Up & Hello Time Bomb. AOB didn't really have a huge single.

People have been curious to know how well Matt's new record is being received.

IT JUST WENT GOLD!!!!

Taken from official website:

Matthew and Jennifer Good, Rich Priske, Christian Thor Valdsen, Pat Steward, Joel Livesey (on behalf of his father), members of Bernie Breen Management and Universal Music, accept the 6th gold record of Matthew's career backstage at a recent show in Toronto.

There is also a picture of Matt, Jen, Rich, Christian, Pat, Joel Livesely on the website as well...CHECK IT OUT

Congrats Matthew!!!

Wow. Congrats to Mr. Good. That's wonderful news.

Yah... is Jenn the noticably drunk one with the beer bottle? or the dark haired one that scares me.... lol. (I swear if MG sees this one too... I'm done..... but he knows I'm just joking... right MG?... well I don't care.... u don't know who I am..... p.s. your wife's hot).

WLRRR went gold much slower than avalanche, which went gold quite quickly, but then kind of stopped. Its a shame that his work doesnt sell as well as it deserves. And as for LOTGA going gold, it is a REALLY good album, not to mention the highest selling canadian indy CD in history if i recall correctly

Well Beautiful Midnight went gold in its first week of sales. I remember that because it was #1 in Canada in its release week.. and I remember thinking "oh my gosh.. there is no way OLP is gonna take them out of #1 when 'happiness is not a fish that you can catch' gets released" (the week after)

Underdogs went platinum.. there WAS a plaque of the underdogs album among a few others on display at the edge102 studio.

Beautiful Midnight debuted/peaked at #1

Audio of Being debuted/peaked #4 (behind #3, M. Jackson #2 Enrique and #1.. BSB.. should have released it a week before.. because NOW 6 was the #1 the week before)

Avalanche debuted and peaked at #2 (behind Norah Jones)

WLRRR debuted /peaked at #4 also (behind #3Avril #2 C. Dion #1 Beastie Boys)

i know LOTGA obviously didnt make the chart... but i couldnt find anywhere how underdogs did in terms of debut on soundscan and how well it peaked..