Sign in to follow this  
marik

What Has Halloween Become? A Day For Sluts?

i am sick and fucking tired of seeing girls dress up for halloween. i don't mean little girls. i mean the ones that are of age (18+) I thought the point of costumes was to look scary, not slutty. but basically they use this day as an excuse to dress 10 times sluttier than they can normally get away with, just because its accepted on this day. why do you NEVER see a girl dressed up as a goblin, or ghost, or have blood or scars on their face? it's always a sexy cop, nurse, princess with cleavage, etc. the last 2 days that's ALL i've seen. not one female has dressed up for halloween without a 'sexy' costume. it's distgusting and makes me pissed off and now i can't enjoy halloween.

I agree...

although I must admit I'm a little surprised at that coming from a guy. ;) A girl at my school came dressed as a french maid...

I was gonna be the Carmelina pig, with the scrubs and stuff...but I decided to just eat candy all day.

I've decided to be a zombie. Not just for holloween, but all year around.

..........murrr...........

Well a bunch of girls I know dressed up as Doctors. Thats not too sexy. A showing of equality perhaps?

TheMan: Braaaaaain!

Going to a catholic school I didn't see any slutty costumes on Friday since the admin would kick them out, but I drove past a public school at lunch and saw many a nasty nasty. It makes me sad, but some girls are gross and we can't do anything about it.

I defenitly think your much too offended by this. I have no trouble with girls dressing up sexy for Halloween, its essentially my favorite part. I'm too old to really be scared anymore, its basically now just a good day to party with some nice 'scenery'. Also, not all girls dress slutily (sp?), though many do. But it is just one day of the year, I do have a problem with girls dressing too slutty in everyday situations, but like you said its one day of the year they can really let loose without feeling stupid.

But of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion ;)

The under-clothed girls are probably the only aspect of halloween I don't despise.

I hate having to buy candy for the little kids, then hand it out to them and act like I'm happy about it. Then there's those morons who leave their pumpkins out for like 3 months after.

HoboFactory has the right idea. Though I DON'T pretend to be happy about it. Pretending to be friendly is for customers, not door to door freeloaders.

Dude, I see Marik's point entirely. As if girls don't dress like sluts 24/7 anyways (sry for the generalization).... not only does this objectify them... but it makes things awkward and uncomfterable when you see a majority of society objectifying them (like the ppl responding in this thread... *cough* hobo*) This only premotes bad ideologies.... such as how women are sex objects etc...

And I dare u guys to respond with the whole, "what's wrong with looking at women, etc etc etc"..... because that's a whole lotta b.s. reasoning and is a subconcious objectification......

p.s. I'm not gay either.. so don't try that reponse.

Well a bunch of girls I know dressed up as Doctors. Thats not too sexy. A showing of equality perhaps?

I thought it was sexy. They asked me if I wanted to play doctor.

Dude, I see Marik's point entirely. As if girls don't dress like sluts 24/7 anyways (sry for the generalization).... not only does this objectify them... but it makes things awkward and uncomfterable when you see a majority of society objectifying them (like the ppl responding in this thread... *cough* hobo*) This only premotes bad ideologies.... such as how women are sex objects etc...

And I dare u guys to respond with the whole, "what's wrong with looking at women, etc etc etc"..... because that's a whole lotta b.s. reasoning and is a subconcious objectification......

p.s. I'm not gay either.. so don't try that reponse.

So I'm objectifying them if THEY dress like that?? That has me confused. I mean if I covered myself in delicious barbecued steak and went on a stroll through a jungle, wouldn't I sorta be asking for it if a panther was gonna try to eat me??

Unfortunately as men we shouldn't objectify women, even if they choose to objectify themselves. It's just called using sex. I find it awkward since you can't have any kind of reasonable interaction. They objectify themselves, and then if you try to treat them like a person, you implicitly objectify them. Any way you dice it you end up a looking like a pig.

Peace

lol, hobo.... we'll discuss this one on AIM... you are clearly out there.... especially with the whole panther that eats ppl who bask in BBQ sauce... or something.....

I think Toadman has got the point.... it's not your fault that they dress that way.... it's just that they encourage these objectifications... that, in the end, society takes advantage of by looking at them as sex objects....

I thought it was sexy. They asked me if I wanted to play doctor.

I got to play Doctor. I offered hot coffee enemas.

wouldn't you be pissed of if the girl you loved dressed like this for halloween, and all your girl friends. wouldn't you lose respect for them for not being above everyone else. basically, it makes you realize that the girls you respected are just as bad as all those other sluts.

aren't sea anenemes (spelling... plz help me) poisonous? you shouldn't be playing around with those things crusader.

EDIT: good point marik

Edited by Maverick

LMAO. Yes they probably are.

wouldn't you be pissed of if the girl you loved dressed like this for halloween, and all your girl friends. wouldn't you lose respect for them for not being above everyone else. basically, it makes you realize that the girls you respected are just as bad as all those other sluts.

I feel it's okay to slut it up (clothing-wise) every once and a while.

what? that's the worst cliche I've every heard in my life... I hate that, "there's a time and place for everything..."

Is there a time and place for me to set off nuclear war? or kill a bunch of ppl.... etc.

Stop using that..... that is not a valid point.... tyvm (p.s. I apologize... and I see your point... yet... no girls should not sell themselves out as sluts ever... gives off a terrible image.... anyone who disagrees should/will be shot..... ) lol... k I don't have a gun.... and I couldn't shoot someone.... but still.... something bad will happen,... you won't get any money from the tooth fairy... or something.

What if it's your birthday?

lol, what? please specify more.... what is it was my birthday... I'd probably give myself a pat on the back and sit in my room pondering what could have been over the last 19 years... lol