montrealmike

Improvised Setlist

"Last night in Halifax the band decided to do away with set lists and spontaneously perform. They liked it so much, in fact, that the trend may continue. Hopefully it was as interesting for the audience as it was for the band (or they hope so, at least). While Matt realizes that we live in a very safe and predictable world, the hope is that people will ultimately enjoy feeling uncomfortable about it."

Sounds good to me!! Can't wait for Montreal!!

i've very curious as to what they played. same songs in just a different order, or some new songs all together? i already though Matt Good had probably the most varied set lists out of any other performer i've ever seen. i mean, opening a show with a solo, acoustic Apparitions?!!!!!

i've very curious as to what they played. same songs in just a different order, or some new songs all together? i already though Matt Good had probably the most varied set lists out of any other performer i've ever seen. i mean, opening a show with a solo, acoustic Apparitions?!!!!!

The Tragically Hip have the most varied setlist I've ever seen. They play atleast 7 or 8 different songs every night. Once maybe Matt starts playing 20 songs, he'll really shake up the setlist. But, if anything, it looks like he atleast changes the order every night, which is cool. I guess in a couple of more albums he'll start throwing some Ghetto or BM songs back into the setlist...

Hey does anyone have the improvised setlist? Im going to see him in Guelph tomorrow and would like to know what he might play?

Well, if it's improvised, how would you really know until showtime! (sorry for the sarcastic tone, but just thought it was too easy to pass...)

I remember when he did a version of symbolistic white walls... I think that was on the Avalanche tour.

Peace

i remember that, too.. that was awesome

Yes, he redid the last verse and changed the arrangement somewhat. Awesome. I have an mp3 of it somewhere...but it's nowhere near as good as hearing it live. There should be a copy of it on the Hub. Taylor (thebrokenrecord), or someone closly associated with him posted a high quality boot from a Kool Haus show recorded on the Avalanche Tour....maybe you folks already have it. If you don't, I highly recommend downloading a copy of the show. It's excellent.

i can't join the hub.. i don't have any live mg.. and i can't get any live stuff because i can't join the hub. splendid

You don't need live material to join the MG Hub. You just need any MG/B related multimedia to achieve the 250MB quota; music videos, ripped CDs, etc. are fine. Check out this thread as it has some information about quotas and such for the Hub.

I like the idea about just jamming out for 2 hours quite a bit. Although at the moment Metallica has the most varied setlist out there. they must have at least 40 songs in rotation. What a great show they put on too.