insane_child

Give It A Rest.

the world does not revolve around the US president.

granted, he has great influences... but, if you are unhappy with the election outcome then get over it. it's done. i, for one, voted for Mr. Bush. *ducks* ... the election ALWAYS comes down to the "lesser of two evils"

..that's such bullshit too. both of those men were qualified for the job. you can't look at Bush and call him an idiot. if any of you were to have the chance to sit at a table with Bush and Kerry you would be absolutely ASTOUNDED at their intelligence. each of them are much smarter and knowledgable than you or i.

anyways, quit worrying.

the world will end and no one will make things better... all that we can do is try to hinder it from going too bad too soon.

don't hate me.

but, ...if you do, *shrug*.. oh well.

adios.

Edited by insane_child

One of the things i hate about bush is his stance on social issues (abortion, gay marriage, pot, etc). I cant understand why he would hate gays and not give them the right to marry. I also dont understand bushes polocy on pot. I think that it would clearly benifit the US if pot were to be leagalized...

whatever im tired of talking about it...

and i forgive you for turning to the dark side jen ;)

There is no dark side when it comes to something this sujective...and considering the kind of people this forum seems to attract, saying she voted for Bush is pretty gutsy, at least in a superficial message board sense...

Way to go ;)

But remember, hating Bush is the in thing these days, so what the hell...

Edited by Sparq

You are so misinformed. I feel so sorry for you. You partook in the re-election of a civil-rights-abusing, God-fed moron who has nothing but garnered wealth in his refining of Iraq with all its untapped oil resources. No-bid contracts. God here, God there. You're a hypocrite for thinking you can fight God with God. Remember that the war with Iraq/Terror(loosely) isn't about fighting a tangible enemy. It's about fighting an idea. An idea that we feed ten-fold with every insurgent that we kill.

Now that we're unable to rely on God, what do we do?

Tell me what you know about Liberia, buddy. Tell me all about it. Then do me the favor of telling me why we aren't there without using the word "Halliburton."

I dare you.

(Nothing but a bunch of black-hating, gay-bashing, God-fearing southern racists. Thanks for representing....)

This is why Trey Parker and Matt Stone are yet so correct again.

Edited by kbernardp

Guess what...the world isn't ending today. Sorry to disappoint.

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong, Jen...) that the point of this thread was to stem the tide of nearly identical bush-bashing threads. Five is more than enough...let's not allow this one to degenerate into yet another one...

edited for my atrocious typing skills

Edited by Sparq

Degenerate is in essence a meaningless term when applied to a person....relative only to society. If in your world, I am a degenerate, then fantastic. Proud to be one. Reality may suck, but self delusion doesn't make you any better than I am. Thanks for trying though.

Yep...I never said I made much sense when it comes time to put ideas to paper (or in this case digital media) but I can't say I really care whether you understand or not.

I'm not getting drawn into a flame war with you, if that's what you're looking for. Go check out Anton's new rules before you decide to call me a degenerate again.

Edited by Sparq

Well being canadian i had no say in the election. I dont care for Mr bush, i dont agree with the right wing mindset and extreme religious beliefs urk me, I am a very far leaning leftist thinker. But that is my oppinion and everyone is entitled to thiers. The american people proved that they believe Bush is the right man for the job and i respect that. Just because i dont like the man or agree with him does not mean noone does, there is a strong following of people that agree 100% with his views and that is their right. Bush is a brilliant man there is no denying it. He is simply very skewed one way in his mindset leaving little room to simply tolerate him, most people adore him for his conviction, or hate him for it. There seems to be no grey area in the oppinion of the man and i think that is why his election spurs such a heated debate.

But the simple fact is, more like him than dislike him and that is what democracy is. Everyone has to learn to deal with it or troubles may be afoot.

Although I feel I have stated my disagreement with Bush. I see your point. I would like to ask though: When did bringing up his personal and immediate failures become bashing. I mean maybe that's why so many people voted for him... They for got about the fact you now have a national debt, for a national treasury that was over twice the magnitude of the debt in the positive at the start of Bush's term. Maybe they forgot about the missing weapons of mass destruction, or the soldiers dead in Iraq, or the grievous human rights targets in Dafur that the US refuses to deal with, or --- I digress... I agree it was gutsy to say you support the man. I would like to ask you your reasons, so that we could have a civil discussion about them (I wasn't trying to attack you above), but I fear in this forum you would be liable to extreme bashing. I do not understand the reasons, and most of us are pretty shocked he won, with a 51% lead.

Peace

wow.

first, i will say that i love you all. you have all became some of my closest buddies and i appreciate the bored for that.

second, the point of this thread was only to say that the election is over. bush is in office. so, if you don't like it or if you could even go as far as to say that you hate it... then DO something. don't sit there and bitch about him. you are your own person. and you can make a difference in people's lives regardless of what america is doing. i mean, i don't think that matthew good will just sit there and do nothing now that bush is in office.

third, i voted for bush b/c i do not support gay marriages (personal opinion so please do not attack me) ... i also do not support abortions (again... no attacks please) ... and, last but definetly not least, i have a right to vote for whomever i so chose to. ...and i also have a right to post a thread about it, not giving a shit about what some of you may think.

ah... and thanks to colin and christian for all of you kind words...

i hope that this post cleared things up for some of you.

you can't look at Bush and call him an idiot.

I think I've proven THAT'S wrong about a million times since 2000. I don't even need to be looking at him to call him an idiot.

Bush is NOT smart. Sorry. He sunk HOW many companies into the ground? Got caught fucking up HOW many times? If he didn't have the family connections, he'd be in prison right now.

You can have all your invalid, misguided, Jesus-loving reasons for liking the fucker, but don't call him smart. You just insult those of us that ARE smart.

Edited by Agent_99

i suppose that you could make a better president?

that's what some of you make me wonder ..by the way that you criticize so harshly.

go ahead keep fighting this senseless battle. keep waring with those that support bush. ....and continue wasting your time bitching over kerry's loss.

but tell me one thing, when's the last time that you positively influenced someone? ...cause all i'm hearing is bashing and criticizing. ...if's that part of who you are ..then YOU, sir, have the problem.

this all goes to prove that division will always prevail over unity.

Edited by insane_child

I agreee the election is over bush has won, the people have deicded. At anytime the people can change it all they need is for the 49 percent of the people to organize then things can change.

On a side note canadains can protest the goverment as long as it doesn't interfere with others (peacefully)

Jen,

I would like to thank you for being open and honest. I respect your opinions about gay marriage and abortion (although I do not agree, those issues have a time and place to be discussed, and that is not here). I would also like to add then I find it at least comforting that your reasons do not include "the threat of terror", or "Bush already had a fantastic term".

You have made a personal decision, and it was yours to make. There are a number of rational reasons people could use to argue whether or not you are right. Unfortunately it appears in this forum all of those reasons fall muted to the onslaught of meaningless Bush bashing.

I try to keep my posts rational. I try to make sure that I articulate myself as to not sound like I am arbitrarily attacking Bush (although I realize that many of my posts are critical of him). You have made a decision, and you, as the rest of America, and also the rest of the world, will have to live with it. Only the next four years will tell what Mr. Bush is capable of. Only the next four years will show him to be the right kind of American president for just America, or the right king of American president for the world.

Peace

With all-due respect, 52% of America could very well have made the decision to cut off their foot on Tuesday and it would still be a decision. My posts may be interpreted as Bush-bashing, but more than anything they represent the fear I have as an American over the next four years. We won't be able to comfortably travel overseas. We'll push-on with a national moral battle with the assumption that the word "Moral" means the same thing to you as it does to me. In my opinion, this re-election is truly when Bush's administration became a regime to be feared. No longer does he have to worry about playing the right cards to be re-elected. No longer does he really have to worry about losing his job amidst his blatant decision making revolving around special interests. I fear that censorship will culminate into an all-time high, and I fear that this war we've just begun will become epic in the sense that until an entire race is wiped out there will be no victor.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein