insane_child

Give It A Rest.

i like that quote there. and i agree with most of what you said.

i, too, believe that it's sad that we have to be afraid of who might become the leader of our country. i would much rather have two amazing, god-fearing men to chose from, rather than two people that have, themselves, divided our country over the last few months.

i don't have much more to post concerning this thread. i was just appalled that so many people were posting about how horrible the US will be these next four years due to the recent election. i, for one, will not accept that either candidate could ruin the world with their decisions, because it's wrong.

who you are and what you are (on the inside - where it matters) is determined by YOU. no matter what the current situation is or the current atmosphere that you are surrounded by may be.

anyways, as stated b/4 i do sincerely love you people and am not angry about anyone's choices although i would not, myself, chose them.

this thread is a very good example of how divided the USA is and how divided the world is right now. In my opinion bushes religous extreames are no different then the religous extreames of the taliban or of Irans government ( Bush is less extreame then those but the religon is there non-the-less). The only difference is that Bush is Christian and the Taliban was muslim.

I must congratulate Jen for being able to come out and admit that she voted Bush. I dont know if i could do the same thing if i were in your situation.

Another point to remember is that the USAs forign policy sucked way before bush was in power. The USA invaded such carribiean countrys as Guatamala, Hundourus (sp?), Nicaruaga, Panama and Grenada. All becasue the governments that were in power at the time (sometimes democraticaly elected) did the best for there country and not for the USA. This is why there is so much hatred and anti-americanism around the world. I dont think that problem would have stoped if kerry was in power.

Ill end on a light note

Ever notise that the presidental candidates seem be be getting worse and worse with every election? If this trend continues than i fear by 2020 the United States will be voting for monkeys.

;)

Indeed. You are correct that the US foreign policy sucked for a long time before Bush. I agree that Kerry would not have been a god send either. The point many have argued is that by re-electing Bush the American people have endorsed his actions. Please don't debate that here... I'm sure there is another thread around where that particular debate would be more pertinent.

At this point I'm not sure this thread can go anywhere else than to be an argument about Bush... which we have plenty of threads about that already.

Jen, your welcome. I prefer to try to debate in a civil manner. If I just drop F-bombs right and left, and generally bash people and ideas. I would never have a good discussion. The whole thing would be an argument. Arguments make people defensive. Then the message gets lost since everything becomes an attack.

Peace

I've made the decision to tell you my feelings on the matter.

I have decided that the direction of the nation should not be guided by a wholly-Christian interpretation of what we think God wants us to do.

Voltaire once said that "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."

Which brings us to a classic example of Chicken v. Egg.

Commend me for having made a decision.

i refuse to gratify you by commending your decision. this is a forum. and you are not God or even a god (unless to yourself). i enjoy reading your opinions for the most part, however, you are extremely pig-headed and stubborn, yet another reason that i will not praise you.

you think you're so much better than america, bush, kerry, and this forum, and me. well, sorry partner. i hate to burst your bubble and push you off your pedestal... but, *shrug* you are who you are i suppose. i'm done with trying in this thread.

no flame wars or i will send this thread to the recycling bin.

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I did nothing but speak my opinion. I never tried to personally offend you or shoot back with any insults of any kind. Everything seemed to be fine while people were praising you for admitting that you're a gay-hater of sorts (and from that I'm still punch-drunk.) Then when I admitted that I disagreed with you I was called pig-headed and stubborn. It's not like I'm refusing to rebutt the issue or anything by waving it off. It's clear that we agree to disagree on the matter. Hopefully time will prove you right, but you can't say that anyone's outlook is jaded as a result of our current global state-of-affairs.

It's a debate as old as time. It becomes sad at the point debate becomes bloodshed. It becomes scary when the bloodshed becomes global.

So pass me off as ignorant while you take the time to look up the meaning of "cognitive dissonance."

Edited by kbernardp

You didn't offend me. You just tried to claim victory by pointing fingers and coming to conclusions about who I am. Victory of what? I don't know. Until your last post I thought it was a tactful discussion.

Sometimes that seems all-too-typical, and very scary when an entire demographic of people follow along doing the same thing.

Again, I never meant any offense.

Edited by kbernardp

I think it's more than that, but it definately is that too.

Partners should be entitled to anything that any other married couple would have. Benefits through work, hospital visits as a spouse, and when one dies the other should be considered the widowed partner, not just a close friend. I think any couple should have the right to pull together just like married couples, regardless of what they do in their bedrooms. I know married people who sleep in seperate beds and see other people. Who cares?

Ok...just about the whole gay marriage thing...what makes anyone think that gay marriage would be made legal if Kerry had won? He's against it too, and has said so many times before. Just because he doesn't think a constitutional amendment banning it is wrong, doesn't mean that he will make it legal. John Edwards said something interesting in the vice-presidential debate (I think i've mentioned this here already). He said that no state is legally obligated to recognize the marriage of an out-of-state heterosexual couple. Ironic, eh?

PS: Who says same-sex marriages have to be gay? B)

sorry, but i'm gonna "get over it" or "give it a rest".

You'll just have to get over the fact that for the next 4 years and beyond the world will be pounding on Bush and the 51% of Americans who voted that dolt back into office.

Small price to pay for attributing the total fuck-over of the world.