Crusader

Videotape

Actually I hear that he was quite pissy. I mean, it is kindof obvious NOT to tape shows, but maybe she didn't know. I don't think that that merited being singled out in front of everyone and embarassed like that.

Or she could have just been a total asshole with no R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Then it's just funny.

Well you have to understand where matt is coming from. The more bootlegs there are out there the less a live album or dvd would sell if he ever gets around to doing one ;) All I know if I have a few bootlegs now but would still be lined up before the store opened on the day matt releases a live album or any new album :angry:

I'm not really sure. All I've heard is that some chick was videotaping the performance, and Matt got someone to shine the spotlight on her, and then said something like "Why are you doing that. Why would anyone do that..."

And yes, I do understand why he would be upset. For sure.

All concerts Matt performs has a clear stipulation of no cameras, video cameras, or recording devices. When you sneak you camera in, there is little he can do since it is so hard to pinpoint the source of a flash... especially with all those lights in your eyes. But if your standing there with a handheld video camera, what do you expect. I think that anybody who gets caught taping one of Matt's shows deserves everything they get. It's disrespectful to him. I'm surprised she wasn't thrown out.

Btw, I never take my camera to an MG show. I did try to get an interview for my university news paper, but the administration there is too slow.

Peace

The more bootlegs there are out there the less a live album or dvd would sell if he ever gets around to doing one smile.gif All I know if I have a few bootlegs now but would still be lined up before the store opened on the day matt releases a live album

Matt has said there is zero chance of a live album/dvd.

pavan, so knowledgable.

i've taken pictures. I don't really feel bad for it either. it's the same as enjoying someone else's picture, plus you can admire your own work. if i'm going to get rained and hailed on after paying 30 some odd dollars to get in, i will take a few pictures. and ive never seen it anywhere stating that cameras aren't allowed. being a huge fan and have never seeing such things, you can hardly expect the public to know.

video taping is a bit different, as i think there is regulations against having footage of people without their permission.

All concerts Matt performs has a clear stipulation of no cameras, video cameras, or recording devices. When you sneak you camera in, there is little he can do since it is so hard to pinpoint the source of a flash... especially with all those lights in your eyes. But if your standing there with a handheld video camera, what do you expect. I think that anybody who gets caught taping one of Matt's shows deserves everything they get. It's disrespectful to him. I'm surprised she wasn't thrown out.

Btw, I never take my camera to an MG show. I did try to get an interview for my university news paper, but the administration there is too slow.

Peace

The last show I went to, I asked beforehand so that I wouldn't be held up at the door. After few people had been consulted, and they told me that cameras were allowed, but no video cameras.

During Auf Der Maur's set, the security guard was even taking pictures for people in the crowd.

So that just goes to show that rules change from venue to venue, sometimes resulting in confusion.

The more bootlegs there are out there the less a live album or dvd would sell if he ever gets around to doing one smile.gif All I know if I have a few bootlegs now but would still be lined up before the store opened on the day matt releases a live album

Matt has said there is zero chance of a live album/dvd.

I'm curious as to the reasoning behind that.

Most camera's that people have require the flash. They are incapable of adjusting the aperture and shutter speed to one's that are appropriate for correct exposure. In a concert situation you need a shutter of 1/125 to stop stage motion, but that means that the aperture will need to be in the region of f3 or f1.5. Most lens found on standard digital and film camera's just can't handle that. That said I have seen a number of decent shots from concerts. If I tried to take my camera to a show I know they wouldn't like it... I have a high quality SLR so it's a bit of a beast.

To clarify every show I have every attended had a no camera ban, and every show I of his I have ever looked up had a ban:

(from ticketmaster.com)

For Hamilton: NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS ARE ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT.

Peace

yeah, they for sure didn't care last night even though it said on the ticket that cameras weren't allowed...

when matt came onstage, about a bajillion flashes all went off and no one gave a damn

the distinction of professional photography makes sense, all they really care is that no one is profiting off the show without consulting the artist, personal photos for personal entertainment are completely different in my mind

I brought my camera to the Fredericton show, and security knew it.. i didn't have any trouble. I'm surprised he made a big deal out of it, but it is his right as an artist, either way.