marik

Banff B-day Bash

did anyone go to the Banff B-Day bash? if so, can you explain what happened in detail. i just heard about this the other day, someone hit Matt in the face with something? and he stopped the show? what was thrown? what songs had he played? wht was his reaction? did anyone talk to him after the show?

If I remember correctly...there was no security in front of the stage and things got quite rowdy. Someone knocked his mike and it slammed him in the mouth, I believe chipping his two front teeth. He continued to play 4 songs (I think) but did not do an encore. He was PISSED and apparently so were a bunch of people who thought it wasn't fair that he didn't do an encore. If it had been me, I would have walked off the stage as soon as it happened. After the show, Wild Bills or whatever it was called posted on their website that it was the worst show ever.

If I remember correctly...there was no security in front of the stage and things got quite rowdy. Someone knocked his mike and it slammed him in the mouth, I believe chipping his two front teeth. He continued to play 4 songs (I think) but did not do an encore. He was PISSED and apparently so were a bunch of people who thought it wasn't fair that he didn't do an encore. If it had been me, I would have walked off the stage as soon as it happened. After the show, Wild Bills or whatever it was called posted on their website that it was the worst show ever.

No security in front of the stage, and no steel barrier. New meaning to the words "reach out and touch someone"....literally, speaking. the stage was set very low, reaching about knee hight on me. It was a danger zone.

"I find it really amusing that we've got ninty percent of the crowd trying to have a good time, and a bunch of fucking idiots in the back trying to ruin it for everyone else. What part of your brain doesn't fucking work that you can't understand people are getting fucking squashed up here? You want to act like an idiot, do us all a favor and go jump off a fucking bridge, cause I don't neeed it, and these people up here don't need it either." -MG

The tickets stated that the doors were supposed to open at nine. We arrived at 7:30 to find the place already filled, mostly with locals (we're from Calgary). The venue was oversold considering its size, and I overheard a staff member say that they couldn't open the windows because there was a sound bylaw in place. Poeple smoking in such a small environment with zero ventilation creates a nasty place for smokers and non-smokers alike. One girl up front had a seizure prior ot Matt's set. No word on what caused it, but I can't imagine that tiny overstuffed room helped any. We (me and my des) were forced to stand behind a table with a high bench back, on which the people at the table decided to sit. When another girl standing beside me tried to sit up on an empty space, she got told that "only they got to use it, because they were friends with the staff." Midway through the set, one of the waitresses perched up on the railing and blocked my Designated Driver's view. Two words: shit show (for the part of the venue and staff, at least.)

Matt got hit with a mic after the crowd surged forward and pushed a girl in front row up onto the stage. I believe this was during Weapon. He finished the main set and then took off to the bus because the agony was so great. What a shitty birthday.

The people that thought it wasn't fair were the ones who stood around watching the band pack up asking "what's going on?"

The best part? Not only did the venue post on their website that it was the "worst show ever," when I sent an email and standard post letter to them explaining my dissatisfaction with the management and the way things were run, they got angry with ME. Their customer. They were also stupid enough to send out personal and contract sensitive information to those of us that DID complain, in an attempt to "explain themselves." This then resulted in a legal dispute with between the bar management and Matt's lawyers. The lesson here? Don't waste your fucking time driving out to Wild Bills for a concert. They treat their acts and customers like shit.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cowboys as a bar, but hey, at least we got through two shows without a mishap.

And that's what went down. I'll never go back, and I urge everyone here to stay away as well.

Oh that sucks but I'm so dissapointed now. I was pissed when I saw I was going to miss both shows when I was in Europe and even more annoyed when I heard about the b-day bash happening like 12hours before I got back ;) But if its like you said I probally wouldn't have enjoyed it all that much.

the show was great, however it was the worst matt good show i have seen. I think that it was great of matt to do such a show however the venue sucked. they sucked when selling the ticketes, when giveing information, when providing security, and more importantly overall safty.

Wild Bill's was dream turns travasty. I personaly yelled sorry about the teeth at the calgary show on the 15th.

the show was great, however it was the worst matt good show i have seen. I think that it was great of matt to do such a show however the venue sucked. they sucked when selling the ticketes, when giveing information, when providing security, and more importantly overall safty.

Wild Bill's was dream turns travasty. I personaly yelled sorry about the teeth at the calgary show on the 15th.

Hey, I heard you! Good show, man. My party laughed and appluaded you.