So what is everyones favorite guitar solo? Pick one and tell us who its by.

For me my all time favorite solo is on the song "Dogs" from pink floyd's CD Animals. Its About 4 minutes into the song and it always blows me away when I hear it. Then they do it again! David Gilmour is a god.

For me my all time favorite solo is on the song "Dogs" from pink floyd's CD Animals. Its About 4 minutes into the song and it always blows me away when I hear it. Then they do it again! David Gilmour is a god.

YES! When i clicked on the thread title i was thinking of Dogs. That whole album is a masterpiece. I doubt David Gilmour is capable of writing or playing a bad solo, they're all absolutely brilliant.

Also noteworthy is anything by Mark Knopfler, especially 'Sultans of Swing'. Gilmour and Knopfler are both brilliant guitarists.

I also like the solo in North American For Life. It's almost cocky because it has such a United States marching tune (I don't know if anyone else picked that up). The solo at the end of Born to Kill is also really good...it contributes so much to the song in every way possible.

But for me, my favourite would have to be in Bullet the Blue Sky by U2.

My favorite guitar solo is in "Alive" by Pearl Jam... but not the stupid radio version that alot of stations play, the album version! But my all time favorite solo is not guitar, its John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin's organ solo in "No Quarter"... but not the album version, the one from their live album "The Song Remains the Same". Amazing!! The ultimate chill out song.

I'm probably gonna get burned for this one, and its not my favorite, but the solo in Alter Bridge's Open Your Eyes is really good.

But best ever...Comfortably Numb...no explanation necessary

Meh. I think it's more of the guitarist trying to be Kirk Hammet and missing the mark. But I will agree with you that the 'Comfortably Numb' solo is quite excellent.