spiritofeden

U2-how To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

for me there was a period (between The Joshua tree up to all that you can't live behind) when they become too comercial: I liked all the albums until "The Joshua tree", then i stopped listening to them because i didnt like the new stuff they had done after that album but then with "All that you can't leave behind" they seemed to come back to their "roots" and I started to like them again... I hope they are on the same line with this new album (the new single seems to be neways)

I am also waiting until November 23rd to purchase it. Really looking forward to it. Vertigo is a good song but it kind of seems out of their style. Definitely not a song that will last longer than a few months.

As for the debate on their best albums that briefly came up, my personal favourites are Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, and Pop. I agree that they sort of lost their roots in the 90s and started playing a lot of commercial pop music (which was still awsome), but All That You Can't Leave Behind definitely wasn't the saviour that everyone made it out to be. It sold a lot, but everything after Kite is kind of blah....

I don't know, I'm very illiterate on Macs... In Spain we hardly use any Mac... all are PCs with Windows and Bill Gates all around... I suppose you can... once you can connect to the Internet, I guess you can download some of those "shaddy-areas-programs" and find music ;-)

good luck! ;)

Achtung Baby and Pop are definetly the high-lights for me. i also refuse to listen to the album leak. i want to wait till the 23rd and get it the way u2 wanted fans to get it. today i bought the 2 versions of the vertigo single (brings my u2 collection over 400, including singles, boots etc). I admit that i am a little disapointed by the 'throw-away' aspect of the song. reminds me of elevation. where as i would have been more happy with a kite, in a little while, even walk on. don't get me wrong, still better than 90% of tunes out there. but not profoundly emotional like One, So Cruel, Gone, etc.