Sign in to follow this  
ToadMan

If My Internet Slows Down Anymore

Well if my internet connection slows down anymore, I might as well go back to dial-up.

I don't know if any of you are tech gurus, but basically my connecting is slow, because packets are getting hung-up between me and the host I'm trying to talk to. The tech-support guys at shaw are thoroughly useless. So I just have to sit on my hands and wait for them to tell me that I'm the problem... I feel I would be over optimistic to believe they will actually fix something when they can just blame me.

Any body else have stupid internet problems?

Peace

I'm running DSL over 25 year old, rotting phone lines. I get about 1/3 to 1/2 the download speeds most of my friends do on the same service. My internet slows down when the ground gets wet. Most of the time, I'm running at about the theoretical limit of a 56k modem...

im on dial-up, but its grand. i've never had anything else, so its great.

I have 56K modem but the fastest I go is 26,400bps or 20 to 30 minutes for typical song. Sloooooowwwww. It drives me nuts sometimes but it's the only option around here so so be it.

Your internet is slower than a child of diminished capacity. That was really mean...

instead of finding out the population of say, russia, it might be faster to go over there and manually count everyone.

Lol, yep my poor pc, kicked out of preschool for being too fucking slow!

The good think about counting the Russians by hand is you don't have to just look at the vodka thru the old monitor. mmmmm vodka yummy

indeed...

They claim to have fixed my internet... I remain skeptical.

Peace

always remain skeptical. of everything.

My internet is acting stupid lately, keeps cutting off and on intermittantly. Probabbly the stupid router, we'll see. Its not a big problem yet.