C-Bacon

"last Show For A While. Maybe Even A Few Years"

No, that can't be true ;)

I want him to go on writing those "poems" his songs are to me

I want him to go on composing that wonderful music that fills me up anytime I hear him

I want him to go on singing with that voice that really gets inside me

I don't want him to stop with all this

I don't want him to leave music

:angry:

I want him to go on singing with that voice that really gets inside me

I really hope you're a girl.

And why are you people acting like he's done with music? He said it'll be his last show for a while.

There's also 8 other releases, which is more than enough to 'get inside' you.

He should've just not said anything.

Edited by pavan

Oh yeah, I know. I'm just expressing my own opinion. I'd be pretty devastated if he stopped making music, but I'd prefer he did what HE wanted. Knowing the guy who improved my life with his music is doing as he wishes makes me happy.

Alright. This came right from Matt's mouth. I talked to him after the last show of the tour in Montreal, and asked him when his next album was coming out. He said that he wouldn't be making anymore music for about a year - then start a new album or something. I can support that I guess. I offered to buy him a drink and he said that he was totally drained and just wanted to get some sleep. Maybe it was just a friendly "no", but I think he was really tired of touring and of that show itself. He just looked really beat. It was still really nice of him to meet with fans after the show, though. I got a frikking signed drumstick. Awesome. Too bad Pat, Christian, and Richard weren't around. They're really cool too.

matt, i think, has a tremendous stage precense.  I also think the drummer is just incredible...does anyone know how long he has been with matt? 

I thought Matt's drummer was fucking awesome, everyone was tho. Maybe by the time they got out east they were feeling worn.

I hate to think of Matt taking any time off. Dammit boy, keep going!! Selfish of me? oh well.

Well in regars to Matt comments, it's been a very long tour. He has been touring basically since the spring and that can be very draining. Add that to the fact that he wants to do some human rights things and you have a desire for a long break. I think the break will be about a year or so and then go in and record the album so we'll see how long it is before the album actually comes out.

A break makes sense because you look at it and he has yet to really have a long break. Astronauts was 1995, Raygun 1996, Underdogs 1997, Beautiful Midnight 1999, Loser Anthems 2001, Audio of Being 2001, Avalanche 2003, White Light 2004. Not much time for himself I'd say.

As for Pat. Me and my roommate hung out with him until about 2:30am after the show and he was telling us he's going to be doing some recording in December (I forget with whom). He does a lot of work with other artists so he should be busy. Rich and Christian I'm not sure about.

If Matt didnt stop after getting kicked off SLR (i have been trying to fnd out the bottom of this issue, but only a handful of music execs know whats up, and matt WILL NOT say anything.), Then I think that means he still has alot left in him. Im guessing hes just going to spend time with his wife for a while. as for the other band members, im sure that Pat and Christian have other side projects, and i know that Rich writes songs for TV.

I think that clears most things up

I'm totally cool with him taking some time off, he has put a lot of effort into his solo musician career and has spent a lot of time studying politics and such, which combined, can be very stressful and tiring.

Also, doing one thing for too long can get stale. He obviously has other ambitions in life that he should definitely try out.

The only think that I'm worried about is that when/if he comes back, he'll be totally weird. Look at some other artists, after taking time off, they come back as totally different people with totally different music.

Matthew Good taking time off is not the end of the world folks. "Limblifter" fans have so far had to wait four years each time for a new album, "Limblifter" (1996), "Bellaclava" (2000), and "I/O" (2004). "The Tea Party" took a couple years off before they released "Seven Circles" I believe. Jeff Martin from the band even explained that they take time off because they "value their sanity".

About the band members... I don't know what else Rich Priske plays in if anything. Pat Steward played drums on "Limblifter"'s "I/O", and he was once in the "Odds" (on the last couple albums...). I don't know if this is true, but I think I heard somewhere the Christian plays in "Family Man" as well. If he does play in "Family Man" that's Ian Browne's band... I don't exactly remember what the band is all about though...

If Matt didnt stop after getting kicked off SLR (i have been trying to fnd out the bottom of this issue, but only a handful of music execs know whats up, and matt WILL NOT say anything.), Then I think that means he still has alot left in him.

Am I the only one who has no idea what he's talking about? What is SLR?