mcgarnicle19

Fell In Love With A Bad Idea

I've got two questions/statements regarding "Fell in Love w/ a Bad Idea."

1. I've always thought it was about Paris Hilton. Does anyone agree with that?

2. It's the 3rd single. I dont know if its been posted here, but i know i haven't seen anyone talk about it. I think it was a good choice too.

I think it's about Paris Hilton, too.

Matt has said this song is about the FOX reality tv show, "The Simple Life" starring Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie:

"I just started thinking there’s nothing to any of this. We’re creating something out of nothing and even that something is nothing."

In 2003, shortly after "The Simple Life" season 1 finale, Matt posted a poem in his journal entitled "Paris Hilton's Vagina". It is reproduced below:

"A choked highway

In and out of a riot drug metropolis

Slicked with cheap oil

Fast and easy, slow and hours long

Paris Hilton’s vagina

Ghetto rock for Princess

Pipe pages, a sticky magazine

Slow tongue in the basement

High on the American dream

Paris Hilton’s vagina

I heard that it was to replace 'IBAWSIWYM' as the second single.

The reason why i think its about Paris?? Lots of the lyrics made me think of her immediately when i heard the song for the 1st time.

Example

Slumming it with Princess Sticky Magazine

Five nights on the TV and for $10,000 she'll agree

To do it on camera with the American dream

She seems to act like a princess... will do anything for money... and is always look for publicity (tv, photos, etc)

As for it replacing "Been awhile" as the 2nd single... it was the opposite! "Fell in Love" WAS the 2nd single and at the last minute they changed it to "Been Awhile".

IBAWSIWYM was a single...and they also release ILWABI due to the poor radio play.

I thought ILWABI was about reality TV shows. And yes it has a few of the lines from the "paris hiltons vagina"...so yeah probably a connection.

The poem 'Paris Hilton's Vagina' obviously makes it seem like 'Fell in Love with a Bad Idea'. It's hard to say though, I don't know which was written first. Before I read the poem (which was only posted about a month ago on his website) I thought it was about the generally whoring on female celebrities by the public (especially men).

And yes, 'It's Been a While Since I was Your Man' was originally supposed to be the second single, and a video was released on Much Music, but radios wouldn't play it because it wasn't "pop" enough. So that's why he released 'Fell in Love with a Bad Idea'.

The poem 'Paris Hilton's Vagina' obviously makes it seem like 'Fell in Love with a Bad Idea'. It's hard to say though, I don't know which was written first. Before I read the poem (which was only posted about a month ago on his website)

I think Matt put put the poem in one of his blogs a few months ago.

The poem 'Paris Hilton's Vagina' obviously makes it seem like 'Fell in Love with a Bad Idea'. It's hard to say though, I don't know which was written first. Before I read the poem (which was only posted about a month ago on his website)

I think Matt put put the poem in one of his blogs a few months ago.

I am assuming that was well after the album release though? I remember when he started posting the freehand, it wasn't that long ago.