Any 80's Metallica will do it for me just fine. Then they let Bob Rock into the producer's chair and it all went down ;) Ah well, 'S&M' is a pretty good album, and 'No Leaf Clover' is probably their last really good song. My favourite is probably 'Master of Puppets'.

Saw them twice in Calgary...fucking awesome shows. Second show i got to shake hands with James Hetfield *SIGH* and i got a guitar pick...haha suckers...

My favourite song right now is probably Master of Puppets

Has anyone heard of the band Appocolyptica...they do convers of metallica but instrumental only...and i think they use strings and stuff...it's awesome.

I have always liked metallica, but more Jason Newsted in particular. I like most anything they have done, although "kill 'em all" is a bit too reminisent to Dave Mustaine.

"Until It Sleeps" is my favorite song for sure.

I also never really liked Metallica. Maybe they're just too heavy for me. But I always thought they were overrated and didn't have good music or lyrics. They were just a really influential band that paved the way for what we now know as "rock" music.

Metallica is my favorite band of all-time (MG's a close 2nd). My fav song is probably Fade To Black.

I love them so much, except St. Anger which sucked balls. I still maintain that the "Live Shit: Binge & Purge" live 3-CD set is the greatest music ever recorded. ok maybe that and Mozart.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

I still maintain that the "Live Shit: Binge & Purge" live 3-CD set is the greatest music ever recorded.

agreed. That was their prime for live preformances.

Jason Newsted is still a madman on bass

Yeah, James was in his prime back then. His voice was so sharp and powerful, he could just nail those notes. Now his voice is bad. Like he yells all the time instead of singing.

I like Jason, but i think Cliff Burton is the best bassist i've ever seen/heard. Have you ever seen the "Cliff 'Em All" documentary. Some of those clips of Cliff playing the bass are insanity. his fingers are like tentacles on speed.

I own "cliff em all" and i still hold jason as THE best metallica bassist so far. He had amazing pressence, his singing was amazing, and when he played, he was doing nothing but downstrokes with a pick for 3 hours. If you play bass at all, you know that is amazing. And if he wanted to, Jason couldve been Cliff 2, but he did things differently.

I think Jason plays bass for Ozzy now...'

...and coincidently i think Rob used to play for Ozzy...not too sure though.

Jason played for Ozzy for a while and plays with Voivod now.

Rob was in suicidal tendencies first, then Ozzy, now metallica.

Metallica are great. I especially like "Fade To Black", "Battery", "Master Of Puppets", "Sanitarium", "Disposable Heroes", "Blackened", "...And Justice For All", "One", "Enter Sandman" and "Nothing Else Matters." I'm also one of the few who likes St. Anger.