I'm also one of the few who likes St. Anger.

Join the club. I think its a great CD.

i think its ok, it has a few good songs. I love St. Anger the song, and i also like Frantic and Sweet Amber. The rest of the album just doesn't do it for me.

it will be interesting to see where they go with the next album with Rob on-board. I hope they mix it up again we can actually hear Kirk.

it will be interesting to see where they go with the next album with Rob on-board. I hope they mix it up again we can actually hear Kirk.

You can hardly hear or distinguish kirks guitar on any Metallica CD except for Load/Reload, since he usually just follows James completly until a solo. Pretty much the opposite of Dave Genn.

I think Bob Rock is the worst thing that happened to them.

i'd have to go with the death of Cliff Burton. As much as i like Jason, i always wonder what direction the band would have took had he not died. He was a pure metal mf'er and took no B.S. and i doubt Metallica would have went the load/re-load route if he was there. (even though i like those albums). He seemed to have clout in the band, whereas Jason had none and Kirk seems too laid-back to give a crap.

i'd have to go with the death of Cliff Burton. As much as i like Jason, i always wonder what direction the band would have took had he not died.

If he never died then only a fraction of people would know who they are and they would still be doing thrash metal. in other words they would be megadeath.

i'd have to go with the death of Cliff Burton.  As much as i like Jason, i always wonder what direction the band would have took had he not died.

If he never died then only a fraction of people would know who they are and they would still be doing thrash metal. in other words they would be megadeath.

i disagree. Cliff would have kept them closer to their roots, but not slaved them to one direction. Lars and James were always the Lennon and McCartney of the group and wrote most of the songs.

I just think the death of Cliff was the worst thing to happen to the band on a personal level, not a musical level. I loved the Jason years also. I'd likely not be the fan i am today without the Black Album.

If Cliff was still alive i still think the Black Album would have happened (obviously it would be a bit different). I'm not sure if Load/Re-load would have happened the way it did.