ashlee

So, Er, Is Matt Major Depressive?

Just wondering, -it's possible that matt's had periods of depression, but do you think that he could have clinical depression?. Though, he's married now, so, possibly he's over it? -has it under control?..Done with the euphony, fated .. stage? Maybe? ... ??

i always wondered...

... guess the same could go for a lot of artists.

thanks guys.

:i would love a room with a view.

He said that in the last couple of months before the breakup of MGB, everyone hated everyone and that his life was really not going well. I don't think he was ever clinically depressed, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to write music or perform. But he definitely wasn't enjoying life a hell of a lot.

as someone that suffers from panic/anxiety attacks that sound awefully similar to what Matt was going through, i can tell you first hand from doctors mouths, that this sort of thing 95% of the time goes hand and hand with clinical depression. not to say they cannot be mutually exclusive, but its very rare.

audio of being was suppose to be a very stressful time in Matt's life, so i imagine he wasn't exactly his healthist then.

well, i guess that everybody can get a bit depressed looking around and seeing how the world is right now... and specially someone like Matt who really cares for what's going on around...

and also, probably when the Audio of Being, which was the period in which MGB broke, he could've probably gone thru some hard and depressing moments

(just guessing, of course)

yah, I'm sure he's been depressed when he couldn't define himself as a person... like when he couldn't figure whether or not he wanted to be a musician or not.. but it wasn't a threat to himself or anything... he was just struggling to find purpose...

that kind of thing

I've soooo been depressed. And still go through phases now and then... but not lately cause my life has been kickin' ass.

w00t!!

Hahaha same here. The way your post was written reminded me of my friend. ;)

I could have gotten pills if I wanted them, but I decided to go the natural route...

ok well the sadness you get from being drunk isn't depression as i mother earth says, "wine and a mellow head."

Matt had a stalker around 2000, that would get anyone a bit ancy obviously... he had a ton of anxiety attacks between 2000-2002, puking up blood before shows and fainting. I think matt has definitely had bouts with depression but he's certainly a much happier guy now, he's got a wife who he clearly loves a lot so there's something that should help out. He just gets upset when he's faced with a load of ignorance on his site.