ok_go_570

Powell Quits!

no suprise he quit. They said Powell was upset at the way the admin used him to convince the UN about Iraq and WMD's. And i'm sure he doesn't like the hard right-wingers in the admin shitting on all his ideas because they don't involve bullets and bombs.

Colin Powell, "the reluctant warrior" they call him, was by far the greatest thing going in the Bush admin. maybe the only good thing going. Not they just lost the only rational, likeable, and respected guy they had.

what a farse. I say if Colin Powell is disgusted by you, there must be something very wrong.

i don't think it matters who replaces him. bush will take his pick of the biggest idiot.

totally agree... all of them are international terrorists for letting the world collapse as it is doing, so who cares who substitutes another of those terrorists?

Edited by juanpe

No one person more tarnished his legacy the last four years than Colin Powell.

His integrity resigned in the runup to Bush's War. Nice to see the rest of him follow suit.

The one rational thinker in the Repub cabinet. Powell's reign was marred by the obvious conflict between his integrity and loyalty to the Bush clan (loyalty won, integrity lost big). Rice starts with no integrity -- an obvious advantage. Her loyalty to Bush is absolute, even having her deputy take the fall for the yellowcake reference.

I know Rice is going to be in Bush's inner circle somewhere, but Secretary of State is not the right place. She is supposed to be the US's most senior diplomat?? Most people in the world despise her, as she's just another Bush lackey. They can't trust her. She has no credibily on the international stage like Powell did.

The only thing Rice has going for her as a diplomat is that she is a woman. And former Sec. of State Madeline Albright (sp?) said that being a woman gave her a big advantage in world diplomacy. I can see why, because other male world leaders are would be more trusting and less suspiscious of a woman than a man.

yes, and Condi Rice takes the power... dangerous, VERY dangerous... she's as dangerous as Cheney... we are gonna have a lot of problems in Europe with her... she's not the typical one that may have or want to have good relationships with Europe...

we are gonna have a lot of problems in Europe with her... she's not the typical one that may have or want to have good relationships with Europe...

Well it seems that she cant have good relationships with anyone...i mean there has to be a reason that shes angry 24 hours a day.

Condi Rice - according to some analysts - would be getting that post because she would want to run for president in 4 years... god, god, god... if Bush is a criminal and a nazi, Condi is just... can't find the appropriate adjectives to define her...

I think Bush forced him to quit. Rice now sits pretty snug to become the first black president who is also a woman.

I had a little more respect for Powell, but Rice is an idiot.

No doubt the Americans will vote her in.