primetime_deliverance

Requiem For A Dream

I ended up buying the book.. its pretty cool, and there's definately many scenes that aren't in the movie.

But the writing style is a little tough to get used to at first, cause there's no quotes or anything seperating diagloue and the pararaphs tend to go on and on. I'm only about half done, but its not THAT great to be honest.

I ended up buying the book.. its pretty cool, and there's definately many scenes that aren't in the movie.

But the writing style is a little tough to get used to at first, cause there's no quotes or anything seperating diagloue and the pararaphs tend to go on and on.  I'm only about half done, but its not THAT great to be honest.

thats pretty disappointing to hear, cuz the book is almost always BETTER than the movie

But the writing style is a little tough to get used to at first, cause there's no quotes or anything seperating diagloue and the pararaphs tend to go on and on.  I'm only about half done, but its not THAT great to be honest.

thats pretty disappointing to hear, cuz the book is almost always BETTER than the movie

I think that rule only holds true when you read the book, then the movie, because the movie is so fast-paced, and almost always adapted into the director's point of view, so when you're reading the book after the movie, the scenes and actors from the movie are running through your head.

yeah, i see what youre saying

i read fight club after i saw the movie, so, while

it was a good book and all, it was less impressive than it

would have been i think if id read it first

its cooler to have your own vision of what the characters look like rather than a movie star, and your own vision or scenery and whatnot

About Fight Club, I personally felt the movie was better than the book. I read the book first, by the way. I guess I just felt the different ending, and the way certain things were adapted to screen, it just worked a lot better as a whole. I read somewhere that Chuck Palahniuk likes the new ending (the one in the movie) over his own. That says a lot about the movie, if you ask me.