S.M.B.2004

Mg Live Moments

Maybe at the Calgary show in October, when he got mad at some guys for fighting and being all rowdy. I cant remember what he said, but i remember it was entertaining.

...I fail.

Unless you meant songs played live... in which case 'The Rat Who Would be King' and 'Can't Get Shot in the Back' (also at the Calgary show) were both spectacular.

gotta love the burning of the Sugar Jones cd. (where the fuck are they now?)

PS: at the calgary show duirng the stoppage in Buffalo Seven he said "you know, with all the shit going on in the world, that is bullshit behaviour!" and he certainly looked mad.

PS: at the calgary show duirng the stoppage in Buffalo Seven he said "you know, with all the shit going on in the world, that is bullshit behaviour!" and he certainly looked mad.

That was fucking priceless...

and that guy who caused everything almost kicked me in the face when they were carrying him off the floor

obviously, in this tour, "the rat who would be king"... for the first time played live... and it sounds so PERFECT... although I also love the "we did not authorize" beginning + "blue skies..." live... simply great

my favourite moment would have to be at the nov. 6th montreal show. me and my friend were right at the front (there were no barriers so we were leaning on the stage) and during the giant guitar solo, matt slid on his knees to the edge of the stage right in front of us. it was so crazy. he was within inches of my face. then he accidentally dropped his pick into my sweater....it was the best concert ever....i love it when he plays rat too...this tour was insane.

i thought i was the only person that orgasms over the point when the crowd sings timebomb. i thought i was too cliches for anybody else (since it's his biggest single). so i felt embarrassed saying how much i love that part of the show. but i'm glad to see how many others feel the same way!

Guest acrobate
When Matt got hit by a Matchbox car or when he chipped his teeth.

How did he do that??? And when did that happen? That's the first time I hear of it.

a good live moment that left me all warm and fuzzy was at an edgefest show in ottawa, where matt had some dude come up and propose marriage to some nikita in da crowd.

a close second was on the same tour when matty came out with a star wars mask on...

clever

A couple of classics would be;

At the 2002 show at Oliver's when Matt had some good conversations about things such Rock Em' Sock Em' Robots and Ebay. Also at the Kitchener show, the final show of the tour this year, when he was talking about the Gong show at Stages and then talking about how it's not a Strip club when my roommate yelled out "It's not a Strip Club"

I'm talking about things besides the songs

His crowd interaction is usually pretty good. Some moments that I remember:

June show, Regina. Someone yelled something about throwing a shoe(this was Matt's first show since the "incident"). Matt replies, "oh I forgot to wear a shirt with a big target on it"

same show...Matt got some army toys and a computer game dealing with war and started making fun of them.

October show: Someone asked, "What was the name of the stripper?" Matt was confused for a minute, then the guy added "The one you and Todd were in Vegas with" Matt just goes, I don't know man. I don't come to your job dude.

Also he did some discussion about a thing he saw on the news with the US army having recruiters in high school and made total fun of the whole concept.

1. Avalanche and Blue Skies during the put out your lights tour. The music is powerful and amazing live. The album versions will never suffice.

2. When he says "fuckin' around" instead of "kiddin'" during hello time bomb live.

3. My third Matt concert in Montreal (first time I could legally drink at a show.)