ok_go_570

Why Does Everyone Hate....

"They're not real punk" is what I mostly hear. Remember, any musician who gives the listeners what they want and becomes rich and famous as a result has 'sold out' and their music sucks if you ask any self proclaimed purist. Just like Avril Lavigne 'isn't punk'. Who cares. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Almost every musical thread I see on other forums degenerates to a veritable hatefest of people complaining about how the big names aren't what they should be, and the underground, up and coming are awesome....then when THEY make it big, they suck as well. Success is the same as cheating, apparently.

i just don't like their sounds.

i don't really think they are 'sell outs' persay. some artists motives for writing, recording and putting out albums change over time. you go from wanting to make it huge as an underground band, to having the world at your fingertips and trying to grab their money. i don't think this is the case of either blink 182 or sum 41. they appear to be pretty genuine. unfortunately for them, they've both changed their sounds seemingly to what people want them to sound like. a more mature sound. i don't think this is a result of them selling out, but rather, the maturing of the bands.

I love Blink 182, and i don't care if they're punk or not. I think them doing the newest CD was more of a punk thing to do than any 'real' 'punk', because a lot of punk is generic, and boring.

Sum41 are a band i'd only ever buy their greatest hits disc, though We're All To Blame and Still Waiting are awesome songs.

As far as bands "selling out", I think this term has been confused with "becoming really popular". Just because alot of people seem to be liking them and buying thier CD's, doesnt mean they "sold out". now if a band starts to produce action figures and video games and basically become corporate whores, then yes, they did sell out.

As far as bands "selling out", I think this term has been confused with "becoming really popular". Just because alot of people seem to be liking them and buying thier CD's, doesnt mean they "sold out". now if a band starts to produce action figures and video games and basically become corporate whores, then yes, they did sell out.

totally agree

I think it's what Sparg said...everyone who grew up on real punk doesn't like them because they are just imitation punk.

Me, I don't like bands like Bad Religion or the Ramones any more than Sum 41 or Blink 182. You won't see me on any boards saying that anyone's sold out or that they've ripped off previous music...I just plain and simply don't like the music genre. So any time I hear it on the radio, I turn it off, and don't waste my time complaining about it.

Simple Plan on the other hand....they're the biggest bunch of flaming fags who do nothing but whine like teenage girls and deserve to be shot.