thewickernightmare

So Matt's Done Touring For The Album...

So now that Matt's done touring for the album, do you think there will be anymore singles or videos for WLRRR?

I don't know about you guys but I know I haven't heard much airplay for It's Been A While... or In Love With A Bad Idea so in my eyes those singles seem like failures.

Anybody think they'll be another single and video for the album or is Universal going to pull the chute on WLRRR?

Personally, I hope Empty Road or NA4L becomes a single. I'm pretty sick of Matt's albums not having proper promotion, I miss the BM days where everything seemed to work out perfect. Good Times...

He should have just released the songs from the album with the most mass appeal.. a video for in love with a bad idea would help it alot..

or if he releases north american for life.. its edgy rock! ORRR.. if he does a catalogue single and releases something from beautiful midnight or audio of being

Guest acrobate

I too would love to see North American For Life released! But I don't think it is going to happen. Universal Music Canada seems to be disappointed with the results of WLR&RR so I don't think there'll be more singles. BTW, was the video for Alert Status Red popular on Much Music?

ya i was wondering if he would get dropped by the label too. i dont know who decides what songs are released as singles, but i dont think they're doing a very good job. to me, pretty much all the singles since beautiful midnight have not been representative of the albums. weapon is a great song and so is alert status red, but it seems like whenever they release the second single, they pick one that has no mass appeal whatsoever, so radio stations and muchmusic dont want to play it. the video for its been a while since i was your man is beautiful, but muchmusic will never play it. i have been hearing it on the radio here though which is encouraging. but as for in love with a bad idea, i havent heard it on the radio at all, and matt hasnt said anything about making a video for it. i hope he does though...i love that song.

The chances of another single are pretty slim. To be honest, it doesn't look like Matt has his same commercial appeal circa Beautiful Midnight days. Now, that's not necessarily bad on an artistic basis, but on a commercial standpoint, it's bad if you want to stay with your label. He seems like the type that would like an indie label instead. So who knows?

Don't bother contemplating new videos for the album, because i garuntee you that he won't have another one.

BTW, was the video for Alert Status Red popular on Much Music?

Not really. I'm pretty sure it made the countdown but didn't end up charting too high.

And if Universal did drop Matt(which I think is unlikely unless he instigates it), it wouldn't matter much. Matt could easily find some independent label with a decent distribution to release it. He's built up a solid-enough fan base throughout the years that he could do this with a reasonable amount of success.

if he does a catalogue single and releases something from beautiful midnight or audio of being

Can you do that?? I've never seen it before. I would love to see a video for Jenni's Song!!

BTW, was the video for Alert Status Red popular on Much Music?

Not really. I'm pretty sure it made the countdown but didn't end up charting too high.

And if Universal did drop Matt(which I think is unlikely unless he instigates it), it wouldn't matter much. Matt could easily find some independent label with a decent distribution to release it. He's built up a solid-enough fan base throughout the years that he could do this with a reasonable amount of success.

It peaked at #16.

In fact, it was the lowest rank that MG has ever gotten.

Everything is Automatic - #5

Indestructible - #5 (2 weeks)

Apparitions - #1

Rico - #13 (2 weeks)

Hello Time Bomb - #1

Load Me Up - #1 (2 weeks)

Strange Days - #1 (2 weeks)

The Future is X-Rated - #5

Carmelina - #9(2 weeks)

Weapon - #5

In a World Called Catastrophe - #6 (2 weeks)

Alert Status Red - #16

*Alabama Motel Room, Symbolistic White Walls, AntiPop, IBAWSIYWM were the only ones not to chart*