which panic button song has the best lyrics?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. which panic button song has the best lyrics?

• my paper heart burns
    • naomi
    • echoes
    • leave your heavy hearts at home
    • everyone's good for something
    • the one i am
    • come home
    • sing the song of our undoing
    • end of transmission
    • a holiday away

which panic button song off the upcoming album has the best lyrics?

my paper heart burns

i called cause you said that you wanted the truth i was only in love with the idea of you and it seems like i'm home when the phone doesn't ring now i stare at your picture to make myself sick sometimes it hurts but you know that i'll lie my paper heart burns on the inside you broke my heart so i set your house on fire a small work of art as the flames reached to the sky i called cause you said that you wanted the truce i was only in love with the idea of you and it seems like i'm home when the phone doesn't ring now i reread your letters to make myself sick yeah i'm inert but i'll tell you i'm fine my paper heart burns on the inside you broke my heart so i set your house on fire a small work of art as the flames reached to the sky

naomi

how do you feel when they say that they love you? your pretty face on a movie screen the kids come out in droves to see you we can't all be heard or seen live it up until your time runs out another life a mouth to feed the kids forgot all about you we grew up on our own dreams throw around your money your token stars live for the fakers and heavy hearts shake up the mix and kill the dark do you still want what they've got? how do you feel when they say that they love you? your pretty face on a movie screen the kids came out in droves to see you we can't all be heard or seen live it up until your time runs out a life to give a mouth to feed the kids forgot all about you we grew up on our own dreams give it up if you can't play the part live for the makers and rolling art shake up the mix and kill the dark but you'll always want what they've got

echoes

wash and wear rinse and repeat hung out to dry by the gaps in your teeth the more things change the more they stay the same wash and wear rinse and repeat hung out to dry by the gaps in your teeth sing me to sleep and hope that i don't wake one two three breath

leave your heavy hearts at home

tired eyes meet the morning too soon i feel different than the way i use to we're way to young to feel this used all those years spent away from you for the better was a great excuse for you to use wasn't it the truth leave your heavy hearts at home this is where i go to die this is where i fuel the fire that burns inside and keeps me up at night leave your heavy hearts at home

everyone's good for something

the days like to start at six am you wake up and head out only to pretend that the world is so full of benevolance and everyone's good for something most days the nights never end you break down and stress out but it's meaningless when those poor saps around you start trembling tell them everyone's good for something everyone's good for something when it feels like you're lost suffer the cost everyone's good for something most days you don't want to wake up you can't wait for the spinning to stop it's so unfortunate there's something wrong with us seems like everyone's good for nothing everyone's good for something when all hope is gone try to hold on everyone's good for something

the one i am

i walk around with my claws out i walk around ready to cave in i wait around with a clouded mind i wait around for a second wind the one i am is the one i hate yesterday ended where today begins i wade around with a heavy heart i wade around breaking down the one i am i've always been yesterday ended where today begins

come home

i could walk home but i can't feel my feet if the phone rings it won't be fore me in three days i haven't seen sleep i've been waiting around for a new disease i wait by the window for you to come home and i leave the light on so you know i'm alone i wait by the window for you to come home to me the cat comes and the cat leaves just long enough to put me at ease i wait by the window for you to come home and i leave the light on so you know i'm alone i wait by the window for you to come home to me miles away the ocean speaks like the wholes in my eyes that help me to see your rubber laws and selfish beliefs all the doors are locked and i have no keys

sing the song of our undoing

we've folded over gently and substance taken claim complacent are the enemy with idiocy to reign the market has it's prisoners the streets they hold the vain my weakened mind has been made up and so i choose the same so sing the song of our undoing sing the song of a loss of self control it's all we've ever known we've folded over gently and substance taken claim complacent are the enemy with idiocy to reign the market has it's prisoners the streets they hold the vain my weakened mind has been made up and so i choose the same so sing the song of our undoing sing the song of a man without a soul it's all we've ever known but that song is getting old breathing in is such an inconvenience sleeping in is good as an escape everywhere the innocent are dying right here i'm just wasting away

end of transmission

as i lie here tonight i'm reminded of all of those times you said one day we'd both be together well i'm guessing that those plans have changed and i could wait out in the ocean or stand in the pouring rain sooner or later my feet would get tired but my memory won't fade away it's an end of transmission from the life i was living before something is missing but no ones listening to me anymore as i lie here tonight i'm reminded of all of those times you said one day we'll both be together well i'm guessing that those plans have changed and i could wait out in the ocean or stand in the pouring rain sooner or later my feet would get tired but my memory won't fade away i've self destructed and now i know for sure my time is up and no one's listening to me anymore

a holiday away

here is a story that i'd like to tell she knew me better than i knew myself and i can't believe that i let her go the only girl that i've ever loved holidays start when the plane touches down and holidays end when you're put in the ground never a feeling and never a sound until you find the one you love i took my time and i tried to relax you just walked on and you never looked back spending a lifetime dying alone living it out in a house without doors

Edited by Scot

This whole business of picking the two most commercial songs off the album bugs me to no end.

Maybe I'll just let you lot decide. I can't possibly be expected to.

Edited by Scot