from http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/interviews/Switchfoot.asp

"JFH: What is the song "I Dare You to Move" about?

Jon: The song is fairly straight-forward. We have been given a new day. Our eyes open and our choices begin. Will we live half asleep? Or will we change our world; will we be Christ's hands and feet, the salt and the light of the world? I sing this song to myself and all others on a planet where complacency reigns supreme."

" JFH: Can you tell us a little about the title track off your brand new album Learning to Breathe?

Jon: I've been through a lot of growth this year, learning of my deep needs and of my human depravity. But deeper than all of this is Christ's love for me. "He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth so great is His love for us." This is the spiritual world that we have been called to and the kindom of the heavens is here. We are learning to breathe in the atmosphere of grace."

alot of christian music doesn't sound all that christian until further examined. perhaps they know christian music doesn't sell as much and want to make a good living. maybe they realize christian music sucks and try to get away from it, who knows.

Edited by Lauren_Atmore

Perhaps everyone here is simply not listening to the right Christian music?

exactly!! finally someone thinks of the other side of the coin.

ever heard of bands like creed and evanescence ?

They were first distributed as "christian" bands, then subsequently after their rise to fame, and as rumours began to swirl about their "unappropriate" backstage behaviour, they were all dropped from their christian promotion labels, and left with albums to sell to the highest bidder...good for them

on another note, there are many good christian bands out there, you just have to find the right internet radio station to find them. or understand that a band can have faith in God and not wear it on their sleeves as much as other bands ie. switchfoot

btw, if you understand that switchfoot's music IS christian, and you can comprehend that the underlying message is that the band is playing rock music to praise the Lord and denounce their faith, rather than just singing mindless power-chord rock and roll that seems to still be ruling the airwaves.

that being said;

Good Charlotte is an awesome band

(anyone catch the sarcastic comment in there?)

uhhh. you all seem to have forgotten the greatest and of all time

what the hell music do you think U2 plays??!?!?!??!!?!!

dont sit there and tell me that U2 doesnt touch on things you wanna hear... Bono is the best songwriter alive and is definitely top three who ever lived, and U2 is a christian band

you want proof??

Another Time, Another Place

THE ENTIRE ALBUM OF OCTOBER

Seconds

The Refugee

The Unforgettable Fire

I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For

Bullet the Blue Sky

One Tree Hill

Hawkmoon 269

Freedom For My People

God Part II