failingtherorshachtest

Country?

he's mentionned in a couple of interviews that he wants freedom as an artist to do whatever type of record he wants, and that his fantasy is to record in Nashville with some "crack country guys". i dont know if he will ever do it, but it would definately be interesting to hear.

Oh, for sure he's gonna do it. Matt's the kind of guy that knows exactly what he wants and usually ends up doing things, no matter who he pleases or pisses off...

Rock, and Country were similar in the beginning yes. Country artists used to (for fun) play rock as well, and vice versa. However, they aren't the same thing, they came out around the same time...

I beg to differ: rock n' roll factually came out AFTER country and rhythm & blues influenced it. Who do you think was listening to rock n' roll in the earlier 50's? Blues and country fans, that's who.

No one said they were the same thing, just that rock partly originated from country - which is true...

Rock, and Country were similar in the beginning yes. Country artists used to (for fun) play rock as well, and vice versa. However, they aren't the same thing, they came out around the same time...

I beg to differ: rock n' roll factually came out AFTER country and rhythm & blues influenced it. Who do you think was listening to rock n' roll in the earlier 50's? Blues and country fans, that's who.

No one said they were the same thing, just that rock partly originated from country - which is true...

Actually Rock originated from Elvis Presley, and Buddy Holly. And they're from the same time period...

WLRRR has a ton of country flair to it, and that isn't a bad album, so i'm not toally against this country concept. I like some country music too. As long as the music is good, i'll listen to it.

Wouldn't it be awesome if MG did a duet with Willie Nelson or Dolly Parton. kick ass and hilarious!!!

Actually Rock originated from Elvis Presley, and Buddy Holly. And they're from the same time period...

I said country INFLUENCED rock and I never questioned who invented or popularized Rock, just what influenced it.

Please don't say that Elvis created Rock: he popularized it among white people. Rock n' Roll was well alive in the South before he came along. Chuck Berry certainly deserves more credit that Elvis. With all respect to Elvis, even he said it himself that he 'borrowed' rock n' roll from so many talented black musicians. Furthermore, it's a simple fact that Buddy Holly combined country, rockabilly, gospel, pop, R&B and the blues. He is indeed a revolutionary, but his roots can't be denied.

Music just isn't about notes - it's also the spirit and soul that rock n' roll took from country and blues, which is true...

Blues and jazz didnt come until later... in a rock context? or at all?

In any case, jazz in its own right dates from the 1900's. Blues dates from the late 1800's.

Blues rock probably began with the Yardbirds (1963)

Jazz rock fusion would be Miles Davis, 1965.

All predate Zeppelin by 5 to 10 years.

And country dates from the 1920's anyway - 30 years before the earliest rock music (which was Chuck Berry, or maybe the Comets).

Sorry, but i needed to clear that up.

Blues and jazz didnt come until later... in a rock context? or at all?

In any case, jazz in its own right dates from the 1900's. Blues dates from the late 1800's.

Blues rock probably began with the Yardbirds (1963)

Jazz rock fusion would be Miles Davis, 1965.

All predate Zeppelin by 5 to 10 years.

And country dates from the 1920's anyway - 30 years before the earliest rock music (which was Chuck Berry, or maybe the Comets).

Sorry, but i needed to clear that up.

Finally - someone who likes the term 'facts'!