failingtherorshachtest

Country?

Yeh i agree with that, it will likely be an acoustic based alternative.. which i guess may be defined as alt-country.. Oh well, im sure its something we'll all love anyway..

Empty Road is possibly his finest song ever; if it's more like that, God bless him. Also, stuff like hopeless...that just rocks. I can't think of a Matt Good song I don't like...so whatever he does, I'm not worried, he's great at it.

Also, rock is a fusion of rhythm and blues and country. Originally black artists did it, and it was called "race music" by redneck music execs. Then Elvis and Buddy Holly did it, and radio played it, and they couldn't call it race music any more, so they called it "rock and roll", which came from a "black" slang term for sex...kind of a hilarious fuck you to the music establishment. For more information, consult your local library.

Edited by ericf

I would agree that the country sampling Matt did on WLRRR is most likely as deep as he'll go on that front. Hopefully. Don't get me wrong Matt could put out an album of nursury rhymes and I would buy it. But I just don't like country. Even though he has the ability to make it sound pretty damn good!

Didn't he also say he wanted to travel to 12 cities, write a song there, record it in a hotel room, then spend a week in Jerusalem and record a whole album there, and then release it as a double-CD?

I mean, not that I'm against it, but...