Sign in to follow this  
ToadMan

Ouch

I would be all for lending my official endorsement to a fan site were there a site out there that I felt I could back 100%. If someone comes up with something, and has the space to put up massive .mpg files, I’ll be more than happy to pass them along to Universal’s IT department.

Well I would guess this all filters back to the past incidents that have happened here on the board. It would be nice for us to get the official endorsement. But thinking about it, we're less of a fan site, and more of a community.

Any way, your thoughts?

Peace

I'm not sure he will find a site that will totally satisfy his expectations. They seem to be very high (and I'm not blaming him) !

But, like everyone here, I would love to see NF endorsed by MG.

It would be nice but I'm not going to bend over backwards for an endorsement.

he wants to bend over frontwards..

There isn't enough drama on this board for it to be an official Matthew Good website.

he wants to bend over frontwards..

Shutup Lauren. I don't love you anymore.

Why isn't this in the MG forum?

ps. I'd really rather Matt didn't come here.

I think it'd be cool to run part of an official website. He should have a community dedicated to commenting on his blog, politics, ect. Somewhere were you could discuss your ideas in a more organized way with other fans and Matt.

I still believe that it'd have to be governed differently to squeeze out all the stupid stuff like calling one another names and expressing yourself in a vulgar way.

Everyone should be more sincere and compassionate to one another.

If there was mostly corporation, it’d be a logical and productive community/fan base.

Why isn't this in the MG forum?

ps. I'd really rather Matt didn't come here.

A) the MG forum is about discussing MG, and his music

B) this post is not about MG it is about the nature of the site.

C) if it is in the wrong place, Anton or one of the other moderators would have moved it.

That aside.

The reason I wanted to bring this up was I felt that Matt's comment about "were there a site out there that I felt I could back 100%." was almost directly about us. This board has in past only had one confirmed instance where Matt posted, and that was when somebody on this board impersonated him. I'm not blaming said individual, but the maturity of the reaction, and the discussion that was encapsulated in that forum. Along with other forums that where active at that time. Did not reflect NF particularly well.

I do feel that NF has the potential to be an official fan site. The admin's do a good job of getting content, and the site is well maintained. The only thing that is keeping us from being up to Matt's expectations is that this board has attracted, on occasion, the variety of fan's that Matt doesn't appreciate.

My though here is, if we want to get the official stamp of approval. Then as a community, we must work towards being the kind of site that Matt would want to back.

Peace

Yes. But playing the voice of devil's advocate here. Getting that endorsment would be both a blessing and a curse. NF would be pushed into the lime light and everything woluld be monitered. That would mean that our Mods would not be allowed to do the stupid things they love to do, i.e change my name into inappropriate things...not that I am complaining, and would eventually get boring and sulky. Also think of the amount of idiots that would come on if Matt endorsed this site. I mean any hilbily with a Mac and a Matt Good CD could come on here (Not that I hate Hilbily's or Mac's...just making a point >.>)

The reason I wanted to bring this up was I felt that Matt's comment about "were there a site out there that I felt I could back 100%." was almost directly about us. This board has in past only had one confirmed instance where Matt posted, and that was when somebody on this board impersonated him. I'm not blaming said individual, but the maturity of the reaction, and the discussion that was encapsulated in that forum. Along with other forums that where active at that time. Did not reflect NF particularly well.

I do feel that NF has the potential to be an official fan site. The admin's do a good job of getting content, and the site is well maintained. The only thing that is keeping us from being up to Matt's expectations is that this board has attracted, on occasion, the variety of fan's that Matt doesn't appreciate.

My though here is, if we want to get the official stamp of approval. Then as a community, we must work towards being the kind of site that Matt would want to back.

Peace

If we were to "change", would that mean I would have to put pants on?

If so, im against it

If not, im still against it.

If there was mostly corporation,  it’d be a logical and productive community/fan base.

well isn't that special.. hope it works out for you, ghandi

Edited by saturnine

I think that an endorsement would be a good thing. The mods here run a very tight ship, and if keeping off the "riff-raff" is one of the biggest concerns, then we shouldn't be too worried about it.

i'd like to be an official fansite!!

I don't think anything on here is bad, and everything is good natured, as far as i've seen. And even if we don't get endorsed, we still should be more "sincere and compassionate" towards each other.

It would be sweet to be official, but would MG make the mods take down the Shop>

Really, MG would be in no position to push the mods around. Anton pays for the bandwidth, so as long as he's not breaking any laws, he can do what he wants with it.

I don't so much think we have a problem with silliness. We some times have a problem with remaining mature on some topics. I'm just saying that if as a community we seriously wanted to become the official fan site, we would have to make some efforts to live up to the standards Matt would have of us.

Peace

If you really want to lobby out the idea of us being an official fan site for MG's blogs and such.... then you need to take it right to him and be realistic and say:

"Listen, NF has a lot of really good fans who appreciate both what you do musically and socially, we have some issues that need to be cleaned up but we would be very interested in cleansing our selves and being a part of helping MG out."

Something to that affect... I think he'd appreciate the honesty and such.

This would pretty much destroy the current community built here at NF. The "BORED" would never be the same. Tons more traffic, tons more B.S. It would be a much different atmosphere here, and take that for whatever its worth...whether u think its good or bad.

Personally i'm not for the "endorsement". I think this site has the best community of all the message-boards i've ever been a major participant of (which is at least a dozen over the course of the last 6-7 years). I don't know if its the mix of people, the freedom the mods/Anton give us, the fact this is a Canadian site w/ mostly Canadian fans, or what, but its a great atosphere here.

Most boards i post on are full of jerks. This is a board that actually makes me feel happy to post on.

I wouldn't bother trying to suck up to Matt to get some endorsement. In a way it would be against the whole spirit of what MG is about. MG never(or rarely) tries to suck up to anyone. i sayz fuck him.

It's really up to you guys. I don't exactly want to host his new "videos".

If there was mostly corporation,   it’d be a logical and productive community/fan base.

well isn't that special.. hope it works out for you, ghandi

Thats exactly what Kat says we shouldn't have here and i agree. Kat don't worry i got your back. lol