MrManInvisible

Anyone Catch That New Mars Volta Song?

Apparently some British radio station played it, and then someone ripped it from the streaming audio or something. Point being it supposedly sounds really bad in comparison to what the cd is going to sound like. There was a message on their official website about them not wanting people to listen to it on a computer but they've since taken it down. I myself am not going to listen to it (of even the widow anymore. I only listened once) because i don't want to get it stuck in my head and burn out on it so soon.

Damn, I caved in and listened to the widow again.  The new album has 5 tracks with different sections in each one that are the different songs.  But the whole thing flows together as one long song.

http://www.thecomatorium.com/board/index.php?showtopic=26110

god bless the mars volta for being completely fucked in the head. it's refreshing

Edited by saturnine

BBC radio played only one part of one of the songs-Cassandra Gemini.

And from what I've heard, the MV guys were disappointed that it was leaked and leaked in such a bad quality since they put so much work into it.

I have not heard the album leak nor do I want to.

All I can say is that I absolutely cannot wait for Frances the Mute to be released. ;)

Five songs doesn't sound like it's enough but one of them is supposed to be thirty minutes long. <3

Edited by Les Trois Yeux

The quality of mine does not seem bad at all. I got it from a friend, and really... it's fantastic. I'm dissapointed in myself for listening to it before it's release, but i'd say it was worth it. Cassandra Gemini is 31 minutes long and is outstanding. The Widow really is misleading for the rest of the cd. It is kind of the odd song of the bunch.

The quality of mine does not seem bad at all. I got it from a friend, and really... it's fantastic. I'm dissapointed in myself for listening to it before it's release, but i'd say it was worth it. Cassandra Gemini is 31 minutes long and is outstanding. The Widow really is misleading for the rest of the cd. It is kind of the odd song of the bunch.

as tlevators was to de-loused? i'm a bit disappointed that televators was a single given that it sounds like nothing else on the album and is a bit misleading.. might've turned a lot of people off

The album is pretty amazing. There are only five tracks on it, which are supposedly divided into parts, though I don't really hear any real difference between the parts... so the album is honestly just five songs. I haven't heard Frances the Mute (the song) which will be released on its own single in Feb. That song will not be on the album.

I'm looking forward to hearing all of this in GOOD quality, come March.

Yes, The Widow is very reminiscent of Televators.