Which of these is the suckiest song of 2004?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is the suckiest song of 2004?

• Nickelback-Figured You Out
    • Hoobastank-The Reason
    • Fefe Dobson-Don't Go
    • Maroon 5-This Love
    • Usher-Yeah
    • Out Of Your Mouth-Music
    • Simple Plan-Welcome To My Life
    • Lindsay Lohan-Rumors
    • Ashlee Simpson-Pieces of Me
    • Good Charlotte-Predictable
    • Britney Spears -My Prerogative
    • Yellowcard-Ocean Avenue
    • Three Days Grace-Home
    • Eminem-Just Lose It
    • Hilary Duff-Come Clean
    • Other

Yes, home by finger eleven--I mean, three days grace is great. Ps, does anyone notice how they sound EXACTLY LIKE FUCKING FINGER ELEVEN?

Do i have to pick a song? a lot of it was shit. To preview my top ten list, go to any top 40 station, and write down the first 10 songs.

And yes, the reason does suck. "...and be the one to catch you with my cliches". Stop changing your sound in an obvious attempt to sell albums. All the "be in hoobastank's new video!" hype before the release of the single...Christ. Just MAKE MUSIC, if it's good IT WILL SELL. God. Talking about the music industry makes me angry. I need to go somewhere where i can be unbothered by music--MuchMusic seems like a good choice.

Edited by ericf

NationofCool Posted on Dec 19 2004, 06:26 PM

B]I would have put "Blue Skies Over Badlands" by Matthew Good as one option. Most definitely the lowest point of his career. Here come the hate messages.[/b]

I would have to say Blue Skies.. and Empty Road were the highlights (not that there were many) of WLR&RR.

Back to the topic. Anything from Simple Plan & Good Charlotte. But Eminem's 'Just Loose It' get my selection. That song is a rehash of his past crap, and is such an annoying song.

Hoobastank

At work, we have the radio playing at all hours. On the 9-5 weekend shifts I usualy get, they play all of the "Top Lists (the radio Station top 15, followed by the Saskatchewan Top 30 then Rick Dee's top 40 and played each countdown two times a day. They replayed the number one song from last week at the start of each show, then the new number one at the end. The Reason was number one for like 8 weeks in a row....So I heard it litteraly back to back two or three times a day. It drove me completely batshit.

Even before that, its still one of the shittiest songs ever.

I voted for Yellowcard, because they're pretentious right wing assholes. I'm not sure of that at all, but quoting matt good randomly is fun.

I saw an interview where they said that if Bush won the election, they'd consider moving to Canada.

They only say so because it's fashionable. You ever see that "My Only One" video?? That's some of worst self-glorification I've ever seen in a video.

wow. i'm so glad i'm removed from pop culture. these are some horrendous bands not even worthy of the label 'artist.' it's not music. it's media whoring.

i voted simple plan because they suck terribly. i remember they had some whiny emo single a while back. 'i'm just a kid.' what the f%$@ is that? it made me want to go kill some emo kids. and then go postal on some record companies. as well as mainstream media. and while we're at it, force everyone to listen to the future is x-rated.

*note: i mean emo kids not as those who have feelings, but those who whine and complain in that extremely self centered fashion.

*another note: i probably fall into that category sometimes. isn't hypocrisy funny?

edit: for the record, the following 'artists' do not even create music. hence, what they have created should not even be called a song, however crappy it is.

simple plan

fefe dobson

ashlee simpson

britany spears

three days grace

hilary duff

lindsay lohan

and the rest just suck. period.

and what the heck is with the trend where actors become singers and vice versa? that's just despicable. if you can't do one well (which is supposedly what you're known for), chances are you can't do the other!

eminem is just a loudmouth who i don't respect much.

and i don't even know who out of your mouth is.

hah. i love being oblivious to pop culture, because 99% of it is absolute crap.

Edited by cavalier_eternal

Haha, if you guys need something to puke out, check out this list:

http://www.rollingstone.com/bestvideos04?p...ion=6.0.12.1040

U2 rocks though.

OUCH!! The only good video is 'Why' and Only One is a decent song, but HOLY FUCK!!

Personally, i despise Keisha Chante, Jojo and Usher. i hope they fall off cliffs.

There were alot of Terrible tunes this year as with every year...though I have never seen the likes of a band as utterly untalented and pretencious as Good Charlotte, I mean everything they have put out is garbage, yet they still sell millions of albums...anyonw want to touch this one? What does this say about the general music buying public??

God, this topic is making me lose my faith in humanity. I can't choose. They're all awful.

(Although "Yeah" is hilarious because you get to hear Lil' Jon randomly shout "Yeeeaayyyaahh!!" and "Ookaaaayyyy!!")

3 days grace sound like a kid in grade 7 trying to sound angry. everything rhymes and is totally predictable. they're a poor mans finger 11.

i hate when i come home to go on a date

your never ready, your always late

but you dont care if my plate is bare

so ill loose my hair and get stoned

fuck

theres my 3 days grace song