xcham

Alexisonfire and the general trend of "suck"

Well, that pretty much sums it up. I just don't understand what the appeal is of a guy leaping around like a primate and screaming into a microphone. After being brought up in a musical family, I find Alexisonfire's vocals offensive (their instrumentals are quite good though, albeit kinda too hard-and-fast for my old age). Anyone else?

I avoid any band that screams...I don't understand why kids like listening to someone screaming like a dying banshee. However, I will chuckle when they're 40 and half deaf, complaining about their kid's music.

Edit: Apologies for posting in here...should've read the post dates before his reply.

Edited by ReaperACI

I avoid any band that screams...I don't understand why kids like listening to someone screaming like a dying banshee. However, I will chuckle when they're 40 and half deaf, complaining about their kid's music.

Edit: Apologies for posting in here...should've read the post dates before his reply.

because screaming is so, primal right?

yes, of course, you're so far above that.

alexisonfire kinda lost me.. i felt like their first album had a really indie feel to it, like they were five bored-growing-up-in-the-first-world kids, but their last two just feels like they want to be emo, which they do well, but i miss go-carts and little-girls-pointing-and-laughing.

alexisonfire is pretty good. the screamy singer is just, meh, but the background singer has a really good voice(the guy from city in colour) but his voice sounds better in the fast songs for some reason and cic is too slow and boring so yeah get rid of the screamy guy (or pare him down a bit) and we would have a awesome band

alexisonfire is pretty good. the screamy singer is just, meh, but the background singer has a really good voice(the guy from city in colour) but his voice sounds better in the fast songs for some reason and cic is too slow and boring so yeah get rid of the screamy guy (or pare him down a bit) and we would have a awesome band

a) thanks for the clarification

b) so what you're saying is, make them like sum 41 but with a whispy singer.

The screaming is what makes the music great. The way Dallas and George play off of each other are what turned me on to the band in the first place. That and the great guitar playing that sort of faded after the first album.

What they need is for George to add some variety to his monotone growl and for the band to stop focusing on writing catchy songs that showcase Dallas' voice in their attempt to reel in the little kiddies.

The screaming is what makes the music great. The way Dallas and George play off of each other are what turned me on to the band in the first place. That and the great guitar playing that sort of faded after the first album.

What they need is for George to add some variety to his monotone growl and for the band to stop focusing on writing catchy songs that showcase Dallas' voice in their attempt to reel in the little kiddies.

I agree. It seems like they try to include a little of everything so satisfy everyone, and in my opinion that is not the point of making music.