Dan #1

Cover by MG

Matt Good is unique... saying that i would like to know which songs he would successfully cover.

I am talking about Matt taking some other artist's song and making it his own with his style ;)

Hopefully you know what i am trying to say and just in case ill give an example:

Matt taking John Lennon's song "Imagine" and singing it with his style but the same lyrics.

Post the songs you would like matt good to cover!

Edited by danimal

there is this song - one of my favorite songs - of this band called "The Cure" called "The same deep water as you" (from their album "Disintegration"), very long, with soft and tender moments, and having heard Matt's voice in songs such as "The rat..." or "Avalanche" or "Prime time deliverance", or even in the last album "Dusk" (one of the B sides) or "Blue skies...", he could perfectly cover that The Cure's song... if you haven't heard it, get it and listen to it... you'll like it ;)

u do know that is a difficult question to suggest a song that would be his style, but he did cover for depeche mode quite well with enjoy the silence! uhm, Im blank for the moment.

you know I'd really like to hear him cover "sex bomb" by tom jones, you know just for shits and giggles. but I'd also like to hear him cover the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt". Johnny Cash covered that too and it was pretty awesome.

i like it better than depeche mode's version,. mainly cause matt performed this one ;) he may do a good job on something by bruce cockburn, like the tree falling in the forest song. not sure what its called.

you know I'd really like to hear him cover "sex bomb" by tom jones, you know just for shits and giggles. but I'd also like to hear him cover the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt". Johnny Cash covered that too and it was pretty awesome.

I have to disagree with that, No one should cover NIN songs. As much as I LOVE Matt Good, I don't think anyone could top Trent REznors mastery of his own songs and any cover would just be sad... especially Cash's version of "Hurt". I'd just like to see Matt re-release some of his older sings, from before MGB was formed... and I'd like it if he'd re-release lo-fi b-sides and 15 hours (with the long title that I can't remember all of it)

Yah, it would be awesome if he went back and did his older songs... make a few changes and you know, make them interesting again.

Not that im saying his old songs suck (BM kicked ass). But i dont think you would disagree to Matt's new style beeing applied to old songs.

A Cover song.... lets make it kinda interesting "Flock of Seagulls - I Ran" hahaha

well, i dont agree with that "Enjoy the silence" version sounds better in Matt's performance ;) As much as I love Matt Good, Depeche Mode's original version... is the original one and nobody in the world can do it better than them :angry: different? yes; wonderful? yes, too... but not better than the original one...

Classical musics a good idea, tell Matt somehow!

This might be controversial: should he cover anything Jazz like?

Matt doing cRAP (silent "c") haha i hope he never tries ;)

Edited by danimal

rammstein? :angry: well, it would sound pretty different ("Du hast" for example) and I dont think he would have many problems with German, Rammstein's lyrics are not very full of words and are very repetitive!

Ich habe Deutsch studiert ;)

and wow!! yes!!! Coldplay, i hadn't thought about it!!! but its true, it would be awesome...