what should i call my new band?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. what should i call my new band?

• mumsy
    • the chills
    • the panic
    • other (please specify)

i wish people made bands in new brunswick...

hmm, if i were you, which i obviously am, i'd look through some of my favourite books, poetry, or whatever, and lift a few words. Or use something completely stupid.

My band's name is BurnDown 1926 because i was reading about some arbitrary event in 1926, that doesn't matter to anything, and whatever it was, it pissed me off, and i said "I'm going back in time and i'm going to burn down 1926," and the other retards in my band were like "Haha, that would make a retarded name!!"

Up until then, we were going by Fingerbang, from the South Park episode. When our parents would ask what our band was called, we'd claim we were as yet untitled.

In short, keep your ears open.

FAKE PLASTIC TANGERINE

Not that I actually have a meaningful say in this conversation, more just an innocent victim *cough* bystander, but that reminds me of Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead.

Amazing song BTW..

If it weren't for that song, fake plastic tangerine would be a wicked band name.

Mostly because I really like tangerines.

mumsy's pretty weak. it makes me think of some 40 year old british woman getting all upset because she's going to be late to see her mom... and she's all panic-y and shrieking, "I CAN'T BE LATE FOR MUMSY!"

i'd suggest "panic vs chill," just because no one else has.

it would be sweet if a bands name was crap, they walk on stage and their like "hi were crap were going to be playing a forty minute set"

Garbage.. remember them?

I remember when my mum saw them for the first time on TV. She said "Yes, yes they are garbage"

Ok, the 3 choices there, for one, - and no offense intended - suck.

I've been brainstorming band names for a while incase I were to start my own band, and henceforth I won't give you my a-list names, but I'll give you a few of my rejects which I think are decent.

Degrees of Freedom (it's a term from a Stats class I took, but I think it works)

Chestnut Revolution (originally the name of what was going on in Ukraine recently before it was renamed the Orange Revolution). Another variation of this one could be "Chestnut Street"

One Square Foot (sort of a fun-punk-band intended name for the double meaning)

Soulfire (kinda gay, but maybe you could make it work, what do you expect, this isn't my a-list.) Another version of this one is "Firebrand".

That is all.