rmak

Voice Of America

The majority of Americans are conservative. We saw that with the recent re-election of George W. Bush. The following comments are from conservative pundits; this is therefore the voic3 of America.

"On November 30, as President Bush visited Canada to meet with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in an effort to improve the two countries' strained relations, right-wing pundit Ann Coulter and CNN Crossfire co-host Tucker Carlson ridiculed the United States' northern neighbor. On FOX News Channel's Hannity & Colmes, Coulter said that Canadians "better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." On CNN's Wolf Blitzer Reports, Carlson stated: "Without the U.S., Canada is essentially Honduras, but colder and much less interesting"; he went on to say that instead of following politics, "the average Canadian is busy dogsledding." And on Crossfire, Carlson referred to the "limpid, flaccid nature of Canadian society."

mediamatters.org/items/200412010011

The majority of Americans are conservatives?? I kind of doubt that. I'm aware of sources that claim the contrary.

As for Coulter and company, they're beyond reasoning with, most people don't agree with the garbage they're always saying; they just get alot of attention because they're so vocal about their opinions.

on the courtney love crackwhore scale, which i have accurately tested, and which courtney love is the benchmark for...

anne coulter rates a 9.5. for completely biased, blatantly offensive, and just plain disgusting drivel.

i flipped through a book of hers in chapters.

i wanted to burn it.

no, i'm not super left wing. she is a nutcase, though.

her and rush limbaugh and all those other bought off bastards.

michael moore doesn't hold much credibility with me anymore either, for the record. too much sensationalism. but he's still better for being compassionate.

That's the thing, she says these psychotic remarks probably mainly for attention. As crazy and wrong she is most of the time, one probably can't say that she's boring. That's what it's all about; if her books were moderate, reasonable, and sane, then they just wouldn't be very interesting and would sit on the shelves with other boring political literature like the stuff written by Al Gore. It's all about causing a stir.

What does it say about America's states when they're threatening to invade us? They must want us very badly.

Since his 3-percentage-point win over Sen. John Kerry, Bush has experienced a complete lack of bounce in the polls. In fact, in at least one national survey, Fox News' Opinion Dynamics poll, conducted Dec. 14-15, Bush's approval rating has fallen five points in the last month, to 48 percent. In other polls, including Washington Post-ABC, NBC/Wall Street Journal, Pew Research Center, Associated Press-Ipsos, Zogby, and Gallup, Bush's already soft approval numbers have flat-lined since the election. That phenomenon stands in sharp contrast to U.S. history, when presidents voted into office for a second term, even after close elections, routinely have received robust approval ratings.

According to an analysis posted on the Gallup Web site in mid-November, Bush's current 53 percent approval rating "is actually the lowest of any of the last seven presidents who won a second term in the first poll conducted after their re-election." Right after securing their second terms, Bill Clinton received a 58 percent approval rating, Ronald Reagan 61 percent, Richard Nixon 62 percent, Lyndon Johnson 70 percent, Dwight Eisenhower 75 percent, and Harry Truman 69 percent.

To say that a majority of US is conservative is probably incorrect. A majority of voters in US are maybe conservative, if you believe that the election was handled correctly and all the votes were counted, but yes in all likelyhood a majority of US voters were conservative. The problem is that many people here who are "liberal" think it's all cool to not vote and that somehow makes them super cool and better than you cuase htey are going against the system.

But besides that saying that "the voice of america" is convervative because 1-3% more people voted conservative is a dangerous, stereotypical claim. The US community needs to be more outraged that people like that are saying things "in their name" but they are by no means the voice of the US as a whole.

The majority of Americans are conservative. We saw that with the recent re-election of George W. Bush. The following comments are from conservative pundits; this is therefore the voic3 of America.

Orginally I was going to just quote the first few sentences and say "WTF", and state that this is a great example of opinion being presented as fact. But it looks like a few people have picked up on that, so no further comment is needed.

In fact, dont read this post.

That's not cool, that's dangerous.

just to clarify i just realized i stoped my last post on this subject in mid thought, but I was intending on saying it's dangerous, and not that it was at all productive and infact works against any change they hope to create and instead renforces a system with little or no checks on those in power, which virtually anyone would agree is bad.

Wouldn't not voting just be affirming and acknowleging that you truly believe you live in a society that keeps you down (ie a totalitarian government)? Then therefore, since those people actually live in a free, democratic country, voting would be rebelling against the government because you're voting against them. If I truly wanted to 'rebel', I'd exercise all rights that are granted to me, and voting happens to be one of them.

I'm not sure if I would say the majority of Americans are conservative. In fact, I think the numbers I've seen basically say 40% will always vote Republican, 40% will always vote Democratic, and 20% are middle of the road who vote one way or the other each election.

I don't belive you can assert most Americans are conservative simply based upon a single election result. In 1996, for example, would you have said most Americans are liberal? No. You have to look much closer at the reasons why Bush won.

Right or wrong, most of those centrist voters felt that he was the best person to run the war in Iraq (Americans have only once voted in a new president during a war: Nixon, in 1968), he was strongest against terror, they believed he stood for family values, they liked his tax cuts (as most people would), etc. The are so many factors, and the feelings among the electorate could shift in four years time.