miss_fortune

Holiday Reading

So, what have you got lined up to read during the hols? What have you read? I have a huge list that I've been meaning to catch up on for a while, but still haven't really got around to. Curse portable DVD players. They ruin good reading time with yummy movies.

Anyway, to continue:

I have a thousand books I want to read. And how!

First, there are the books I'm currently trudging through:

Drums of Autumn; Diana Gabaldon

The Complete Novels and Stories of Sherlock Holmes: Volumes I and II; Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

And then there's the books I've been meaning to read:

Vanity Fair; William Makepeace Thackeray

The Taming of the Shrew; William Shakespeare

The French Executioner; C.C. Humphries

Demon Dance

The Crimson Petal and the White; Michel Faber

A Handmaid's Tale; Margaret Atwood

The Fiery Cross and Lord John and the Private Matter; Diana Gabaldon

And then there's the books I'm rereading:

Heir to the Shadows and Queen of the Darkness; Anne Bishop

Circus of the Damned and The Lunatic Cafe; Laurell K Hamilton

*sigh* Reading this makes me want to hole up in my room and not come out until June.

Guest acrobate

I have a lot of books lined up for the holidays. I just got the Narnia Chronicles and I'm looking forward to that. Right now, I'm reading Two Solitudes by Hugh McLennan, which is supposed to be a Can Lit classic. Before, I finally got around to read The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz by Mordecai Richler and Animal Farm by George Orwell, and I enjoyed both quite a lot. I also want to re-read North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I should also get two Chapters orders soon so more books are headed my way!!

I'm currently reading "Diary" by Chuck Palahniuk and after I'm done with that I'm going to read "Vanity Fair" by William Makepeace Thackeray.

If I have time I'm going to try to get through some of the Dostoyevsky on my shelf that I haven't read yet.

Edited by Les Trois Yeux

I got two books for Christmas, Diary and Choke, both by Chuck Palahniuk. I've started reading Choke. The humor in it is so dark... but I find it so funny. I've also been reading a bunch of comics. I bought a couple of trade paperbacks a while ago, The Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank, and the Complete Watchmen series.