41 members have voted

1. 1. Which web browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla FireFox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • AOL
    • Other

IE, though I do have Firefox...but until Firefox matches the speed of IE and does something about that annoying download manager, it'll only be used in dire situations.

word on the street is Netscape Navigator is good, but i'm and IE whore..

IE, though I do have Firefox...but until Firefox matches the speed of IE and does something about that annoying download manager, it'll only be used in dire situations.

There's a patch somewhere that makes Firefox go super fast. (I use Firefox and IE)

Firefox.

As for the download manager, it can be disabled in the options menu.

It pisses me off that any microsoft app will launch IE when it has to go to web, even though firefox is my default browser. You can't get windows updates with Firefox, and you can't get to hotmail with Firefox, which has nothing to do with browser incompatablity, but more to do with the fact Microsoft is whoring out it's products by forcing you to use them.

Actually, I think I'm going to delete MSN, get Yahoo Messenger and see about setting something up with gmail.

Netscape Navigator might be good for user interface, but it's html incompatabilites are holding back the advancemnet of html development, and causes a huge headache for web desiginers.

And on the same note, for whatever reason Microsoft may have, all versions of IE for windows will not support alpha transparency with png graphics. Might not mean much to the average user, but essentially you'd use a PNG if you have an image that has a "see-through" background. EVERY other major browser supports this file format, including IE for mac. But IE for windows will add an off-white background colour to the graphic. If IE would properly accept PNG file formats, it would quickly become the web standard for transparent graphics.

Edited by frustrated inc.

Firefox.

As for the download manager, it can be disabled in the options menu.

It pisses me off that any microsoft app will launch IE when it has to go to web, even though firefox is my default browser. You can't get windows updates with Firefox, and you can't get to hotmail with Firefox, which has nothing to do with browser incompatablity, but more to do with the fact Microsoft is whoring out it's products by forcing you to use them.

Actually, I think I'm going to delete MSN, get Yahoo Messenger and see about setting something up with gmail.

Netscape Navigator might be good for user interface, but it's html incompatabilites are holding back the advancemnet of html development, and causes a huge headache for web desiginers.

And on the same note, for whatever reason Microsoft may have, all versions of IE for windows will not support alpha transparency with png graphics. Might not mean much to the average user, but essentially you'd use a PNG if you have an image that has a "see-through" background. EVERY other major browser supports this file format, including IE for mac. But IE for windows will add an off-white background colour to the graphic. If IE would properly accept PNG file formats, it would quickly become the web standard for transparent graphics.

I can get to hotmail with Firefox, I can do anything that IE can do with Firefox. I just like Firefox's pop-up blocker better. Also, Netscape is owned by AOL...so that's bound to give you nothing but trouble.

I use Opera, and every once in a while if I encounter a site or function that won't support Opera, I have to resort to IE.

actually i dont like IE, id prefer another

I can get to hotmail with Firefox, I can do anything that IE can do with Firefox. I just like Firefox's pop-up blocker better. Also, Netscape is owned by AOL...so that's bound to give you nothing but trouble.

Woops, you're right about hotmail. I think what I meant at the time was if you click in MSN to check your hotmail, it'll launch IE. And that bugs me.

Still no luck getting OS updates through Firefox though.

IE is a cancer on the internet. Many websites are written for IE compatibility, but IE doesn't follow the W3 html standards. Hence IE is actually a worse browser than Mozilla, or any other browser that does comply.

This is all of course deliberate. If IE is used by everybody, and pages are written for IE compatibility, and that same compatibility screws up viewing in other browsers, then more people use IE. Hence the cycle is self fulfilling.

Peace

I use IE. I want to try out FireFox but I already have my IE all setup with the cool things ;).

I use IE. I want to try out FireFox but I already have my IE all setup with the cool things ;).

such as..

My filters block all the adverts and my quicksearch is just right.

Not popups, ads in general. All I see are our Google ads ;).

hmm... i like what your telling me anton

I use IE. I have no experience with anything else. Should i buy a mac laptop?