rmak

Where Do U Stand

If an election is held today, who do vote for? (in this minority govt u never know)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. If an election is held today, who do vote for? (in this minority govt u never know)

• Paul Martin - Liberal
    • Stephen Harper - Conservative
    • Jack Layton - NDP
    • Gilles Duceppe - BLOC
    • Jim Harris - Green
    • other

i vote green. liberals and tories have proved themselves as failures in making this country a symol of peace with their scandals, corporate dealings and unhealthy ambitions. the NDP have too many deals with unions; case in point when they supported FTA/NAFTA - which has destroyed our freedom - because the steel workers union told them to do so and then when the union realized what a huge mistake they had the NDP pull support for the trade deal. The BLOC just want to tear the country apart. (although i understand why they would be so upset with the federal govt)

The Greens are the only one with a plan for the future that can unite us and bring about peace and prosperity in a just way.

Green are definitley a good idea, but alas, they have been deemed too 'radical.' I voted NDP. They're not perfect, but they are in it for the good of our country, not for profit like 99% of the Liberals and Conservatives...

I dont know what id vote. I would always vote conservative provincially (in Alberta) because they keep the federal govt from fucking us over as they are always trying to. Theyre not perfect, but far superior to any other party running in Alberta.

But, i dont know how good they would be federally, so i can't say i'd vote for them for sure. I do know for a fact i will never ever ever ever vote liberal.

In summary: undecided.

I might run as an independent, just so I can vote for somebody. Otherwise I'll spoil my ballot as always.

We need to completely change our system to empower individuals. Right now, there is no way to make a difference without being a high-ranking member of the established political parties.

check out the geen party website, their ideas are innovative and they really are increasing in popularity and in respect.

for instance between the results of the 2000 and 2004 elections the liberals went down 20%, tories went down 40% (alliance and PC together, Bloc went up 56%, NDP went up 93% and the Greens went up 400%

Green/Conservative. Each have certain sections of policy which I support, but of course none have an entire platform I can agree with. Conservatives have the best national defence policy of them all, but with distasteful ambitions in other areas. With our military now thoroughly bankrupt anyway, it'll probably be Green from now on unless the big ones stop screwing up.

The army alone needs about ten billion dollars right now, just to get back up to operational strength.

Edited by Sparq

If there was an election today, polls show that the Liberals would pull off a majority win. If I could've voted in the last election, I would've voted Liberal, since I really didn't like the Conservative all that much, and the NDP and Green candidates were pretty much invisible.

check out the geen party website, their ideas are innovative and they really are increasing in popularity and in respect.

for instance between the results of the 2000 and 2004 elections the liberals went down 20%, tories went down 40% (alliance and PC together, Bloc went up 56%, NDP went up 93% and the Greens went up 400%

;) Not for me.

You know what, i feel funny about it. I don't know who to support. 95% of the time, i am far-left-leaning, but there are things like abortion and a few other smaller items that i am more conservative about. (I don't mean criminalizing abortion, because that would be stupid. It's just overused, and people act irresponsibly in it's pressence.) so it makes it feel almost like i'm selling myself short. I don't agree 100% with any party, but i guess i favour NDP and to a lesser extent, Green.

"The army alone needs about ten billion dollars right now, just to get back up to operational strength."

How about using the military for disaster relief only. Enough with the violence. Why spend money on killing when we can spend it on saving. (i.e. affordable housing, healthcare,etc.)

I know someone might be thinking "we wont have any influence in the world" or "what if we are attacked?". Let me assure you, the rest of the world is going in the wrong direction - why do you think the world is in the shape it is? And we wont be attacked. The US was attacked b/c of their dispicable foreign policy decisons. Madrid was attacked b/c of joining the Iraq war. I am aware that we are on the list of possible places but that is because these awful governments we elect continue to make bad decisions of their own. If we are to do what I suggest, plus a whole lot more, than we wont be attacked.

Is the BLOC Left or Right? I know that they are supporting Same-Sex Marriage, but are they pretty much Left?

And wow, we're Leftwing 13-1. And the NDP has the lead!! Too bad we're not Canada.

Edited by insober

if paul martin was PM in 2002/2003 we'd be in Iraq he likes Bush, wants to be on his good side

i remember attack ads by the liberals saying the same thing about harper. lets face it, martin is lucky he wasnt in power at the time bc he could not attack harper now. he would've brought us into war

I think the better thing to do is to vote for the person you want representing your riding instead of voting for the party who's leader you want to be PM.

I think it's a better way to think about politics. If you know the person representing you is actually representing your views and values, then you have a person clsoe that will fight for those things on the larger scale.

Does that make sense?

dont take this the wrong way but i think thats being naive. say there's a good conservative that can help your riding. But that means voting for harper as well. a harper victory means the subsequent erasing of the border between Canada and the US. Dont believe me, check out NAFTA PLUS. a good website to check would be vivelecanada.ca

Edited by rmak