oshier

Jackpillowhead Down?

That's probably what his recent blog entry was referencing, because i know that there was one anoymous poster that was being quite the jerk.

Matt shouldn't allow them to frustrate him. If he took stuff down because of the poster, it just means they won.

Edited by guitarchick

i understand that these troublemakers and ignorant fools have to be frustrating but what about the rest of us? i love reading his blog but it seems ridiculous to have to pay in order read his stuff. Especially since he is so anti-commercial.

In todays internet age it is unthinkable for someone as smart as matt to realise that a pay site will simple have a problem in that once one person is in there is nothing stoping them from dirabuting the infromation.

A person is smart. People are stupid. and it seems that a person reduced to a number (your IP address) is all they want to be.

I like this idea. If there is exclusive music downloads and other special stuff included with it, then I'm all for paying an annual membership fee. If it's just a blog and nothing else, I probably wouldn't pay for it.

Imagine what would happen if a lot of people signed up for this every year. If there was money left over, after maintenance costs, a charity would get that money. That would be cool if a different charity got money from his fans every year.

I'm intrigued by this idea. I hope it works for him.

I agree that he should keep the blog, but allow for comments and discussion on some kind of message forum. Did he not used to have one? It's been a while, so I can't remember, but he would be able to have other people moderate and filter out the users who wish to abuse the forum.

i'm starting to get really pissed off with there always being one person that ruins it for everyone else. why do people feel the need to lash out at matt for having an opinion?? i was under the impression that the purpose of maintaining a blog was to express your opinion, not be attacked by people who don't share the same view. if you don't like matt's opinion, then thats completely fine, but i dont understand why people need to send threatening emails and post stupid argumentative comments. bah! i'm all for matt having a site with a fee....i'd pay it even if it was just a blog and no extras. i really love reading his posts.