On FOX news last night I heard the following: "Stay tuned for this miraculous story. Hear how this super model fought for her life by hanging onto a tree and see what she's doing to help out other survivors" ( Image of her posing in a bakini)

indeed... I was annoyed by the fact FOX was focusing on the missing Americans, with (what seemed to me) total disregard to the inhabitants loss of life. Given I don't watch FOX, that's a really bias statement.

Peace

I'm sick of the way most of the on air media handles this, I tend to try to get most my info about it from print and websites. Some of the bais are still there obviously, but atleast they don't have that self centered tone of voice, and I find I can't keep fox on for to long no matter what they have on before i start getting frustrated.

Yeah, it's all really sensationalized, but I think the important thing is to just ignore all the glory of it and realize how much people lost and how we're lucky to have what we have.

And donate some money. Anything at all. Do that instead of buying a CD or something.

Personally, I've heard every side of this story, but what I think is the worst part of all of this, is the US's reaction. I think that individuals can help out if they want, but Nations, specially ones as big as the US, should be there right from the start.

Now the US has now given money, but not before Many Other Countries had already donated 10's of Millions, and then started to seek some American Charity. And Bush calls himself a Christian.

Some people have been mentioning how they hate FOX and CNN for being biased and really taking this horrible disaster and using it for ratings etc. I choose to use indy media instead of these major news networks, I take into account of course as many news sources as possible, but id highly suggest finding a good indy media site that you trust and checking it out for news they wont tell you about in these major news networks.

The big thing is, if you notice, how those rats at CNN swarm all over the latest diaster...for what else? Ratings.

"The tsunami is killing people and the death toll...we'll stall all day just so you can dread that number and leave us on..."

excuse my spelling i am extreamly lazy.

I was completly appauled when the 911 attacks happend every single news station was " we have sent --- reported down there to get in on the action" or "we got this image first, thats why we are better" nothing was sympathy for the lost, just omg ratings rating ratings!